Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

"Darkest" IIDX Style? Plus another newbie question

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tabithaboof
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: "Darkest" IIDX Style? Plus another newbie question Reply with quote

I have seen a few people playing IIDX in the arcades here and I have finally decided to take the plunge. I think I should be able to find any of the available mixes with a bit of persistance but I am not sure which one to buy.

I really really enjoy the kind of Dark/heavy drum and bass style tracks available on IIDX but all the machines in the arcades are much later styles than the ones available on PS2. Does anyone have an opinion on which style (available on PS2) features the most of this kind of music?

Also I have seen a few scattered references to modding the Konami controllers to make them more like the arcade ones, is their any kind of reference or FAQ for this around?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
N.N.T. Barton '1080 ~IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um 6th style has shaluette of my mind which is a gothic song... and um 7th has kakumi... that is sort of clasic sounding music.... some hard house and stuff but as for dark gothick rock... iidx lacks that stuff T_T maby if its brought over to amarica we can see Rob Zombie, and Evanesence, and mareln manson on IIDX... but doubtfull

PRIMARY VIVID NNTB beatmaniaIIDX Ver.012
The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
DarcLion_XVI
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, Barton. But first of all, learn how to spell okay? I'm getting sick and tired of people misspelling words and names on purpose or not.

And yes, 6th style has some dark songs like G2, Silhouette of my mind. Kakumei isn't that dark because it is based on Revolutionary Etude, but spooky is a dark song.

Future styles like 8th style and above no longer have licensed songs.

DarcLion XVI
(XVI as in letters, not Roman Numeral 16. Call me XVI for short)

**--And so the hunt begins...--**
View users profile Send private message
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

3. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silhouette of My Mind is amazing, despite being a rotton bitch to FC AA (but I'm #39 on VJArmy, which is probably my highest score- the rest are lucky to hit #80 ^_^;;;). My personal, albeit somewhat flawed experience with the IIDX mixes is that 7th is the best, no question. It has the highest number of songs and thus is most likely to have more of the type of song you want to hear. (How about i feel... and Love Me Do?) 6th apparently isn't too popular but I love it (Silhouette of My Mind is on it, as well as Yesterday) and should be looked into. Most of what I've played (and liked) on 5th was repeated on 6th and 7th, so that might save me a few bucks. 4th is the uber-rare 'hey let's pay $200 for just one game' that has a high concentration of unique songs, not to mention nerd appeal through the roof (it's on my list right after a Pop'n ASC). 3rd is weird. :D I haven't really played it much.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: