Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BeatmaniaIIDX for US Suggestion
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

20. PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White bars, white keys. Dark bars, dark keys. Turn table section, turntable. Its not that difficult.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJSi24 wrote:
I don't think IIDX would sell very well here. It's just not straight forward enough. Like DDR and Karaoke Revolution are really straight forward because they use simple concepts. On DDR it tells you to hit left when the left arrow reaches the stationary left arrow, at which point you hit the corresponding left arrow on the dance pad. In Karaoke Revolution you just sing, or for that matter hum. They are very straight forward. IIDX isn't as straight forward though.

Just as Larrkin said, 7 keys, scratch - how non straight forward can that be?

MJSi24 wrote:
I remember when I first played it, it took a while to figure out what the scrolling lines meant, even longer to figure out what the purple ones meant. Even more, it just plain looks weird. It's this obscure keyboard and the lines on the screen do not necessarily line up with the physical keys (like in keyboard mania or drum mania). Don't get me wrong, of course IIDX is fun (although i've only really played it maybe 3 times), but it's too complicated for American gamers.

If by "line up" you mean be in the same exact place on the screen as they are when you hit them, then DrumMania is, in NO way, "lined up". KBM, yes, but that's the only Bemani where the keys are in the same geometrical standing as the keys on screen. But that's because it's the only bemani that pretty much needs it. IIDX, Pop'n, DM, etc - you can just get used the the controllers in those Bemani simple enough.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: