Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Para Para Parasise Machines Anyone?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saba76
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Para Para Parasise Machines Anyone? Reply with quote

This question is for people outside of Massachusetts (I live there, so I know what your answer's gonna be): Does anyone out there have an arcade near them that has a Para Para Paradise machine there? I see PPP as the dark horse of the Bemani games. There is one near me at Good Time Emporium in Somerville, and I have a heluva lot of fun playing PPP.

Ippai-me wa hito sake o nomi, nihai-me wa sake sake o nomi, sanbai-me wa sake hito o nomu= With the first glass a man drinks wine, with the second glass the wine drinks the wine, with the third glass the wine drinks the man.

Ayamachitewa aratamuruni habakaru koto nakare= If you make a mistake, don't hesitate to correct it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
YoshiFan
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time Out in the Hamiltion Mall in NJ had Para Para Dancing for a few months. I was the only one that ever played it and they replaced it with Pump It Up Perfect Collection which is a lot more popular. That was the only machine within 2 hours of my house.
View users profile Send private message
Philipio
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have one in Texas. riiight.gif It's the only machine I've ever come across, and it's pretty good at 6 songs for $1.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new PPP 2nd mix in Little Tokyo here in LA.....but it's an hour or so for me to get there.... blink.gif
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRfreak574 wrote:
There's a new PPP 2nd mix in Little Tokyo here in LA.....but it's an hour or so for me to get there.... blink.gif

Where can you NOT go in LA where it's an hour. blink.gif

They have a 2nd over at MGL, they used to have a 1.5 at RVGL then they sold it.
Regenesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of PPP machines around here. I've played it twice, and that's more than enough to satisfy any desire I will ever have to Para Para. I think you'll find that it's the most frequently shunned Bemani game because:

-It's easy. Really easy.
-The music sucks. Really sucks.
-The dances look dumb.
-The music sucks.

Also there's already a PPP thread, and I really don't see what listing a bunch of random locations is going to accomplish.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regenesis wrote:

-It's easy. Really easy.
-The music sucks. Really sucks.
-The dances look dumb.
-The music sucks.

Thats YOUR opinion, so you should have added that.

Thats like me saying "Angel the TV show sucks. The music sucks, and the actors suck" without adding In my OPINION...
starcrafta
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regenesis wrote:
-The music sucks.

I kinda stopped reading there.
View users profile Send private message Send email
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinball Pete's (vaguely near Detroit) has 1st Mix. I'll play it every now and then if I'm desperate, but it certainly doesn't have the longevity of even Dance Maniax. It's just too damned easy, and there's not enough musical variety. But apparently there are enough obsessed people around there to keep them from selling it.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Regenesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JiKiJiKiJiKi wrote:
Thats YOUR opinion, so you should have added that.

Oh, shit, I'm sorry, I forgot that on the internet it's mandatory to preface any stated opinions with "IN MY OPINION", because otherwise people might get confused and assume that they're 100% scientifically proven facts. I apologize to anyone who read my claims and assumed that I had some sort of irrefutable empirical evidence that eurobeat sucks, waving your hands around you in a circle is easy and that doing so makes you look like a moron. The fact of the matter is that this is merely my OPINION, but looking back at my previous post I can definitely see where I was unclear.

Monkey_Man wrote:
Regenesis wrote:

-The music sucks.
I kinda stopped reading there.

That's ok, that was pretty much my main point.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regenesis wrote:
-It's easy. Really easy.

That's where I stopped reading. Not even knowing enough about ParaPara dancing to think that it's just waving your hands around is enough to know the person has no clue what he's talking about and who's opinion on it should mean nothing to anyone else.

Oh, and just for the record, Eurobeat kills you, and any music you deem better than it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and there's a PPP 2nd Mix machine at the Power Up arcade in Sanford, ME. Haven't been to it yet, but I know it's there. As for where I play when I feel like it, I go to the Good Times Empourium in Somerville, MA.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can somewhat agree with Regenesis though not totally. Personally, I do like much of the music in the game, but then again, I do like Eurobeat.

Hate Eurobeat = Hate music in PPP.

I also agree that the game is very easy. Now, I understand what Andy said about the actual dance motions, but I also disagree with how he phrased it. Honestly, of all the people that I met who play or have played this game, only about eight of them actually attempt to play using the Para Para routines.

I am not saying that this is wrong since that is how the game was MEANT to be played, but lets face it. The majority of the people that see this game, including myself, dont play using the actual para para routines, nor do they care to. I make sad attempts at times, but I generally just prefer to hit the sensors with whatever motions or body parts that I deem necessary at the time.

Which brings me to Para Para's major drawback. For the most part, DDR cant be played "effectively" using anything besides your legs/feet. Pop'n cant be played "effectively" using anything from your arms/hands. Para completely breaks this assumption by generally allowing anything method of play that the user sees fit. This leads the average arcade goer to become bored of Para Para very quickly, as Ive seen occur at multiple arcades. Myself included as I do enjoy the game, but its limited lifespan is what prevented me from buying the home version.

Lastly, I also agree with Regenesis on the opinion comment. It should be widely known by now that aside from legit statistics or proven facts (which tend to be fairly obvious based on their wording), anything stated on a forum is the poster's opinion. Thus, there really isnt a need to state "my opinion" with any opinionated post. Otherwise, I'd need to seriously need to see some synonyms due to my tiring of seeing the word everywhere.

"I like Angel but I dont find it to be interesting enough to fit into my television viewing rotation."

"Para Para is a decent game but depending on your tastes, can prove to be a very short lived game."

(Yeah, this was a long winded post, but I felt like typing a decent post for once. It happens. happy.gif)

... only in Delaware...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Smud
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one at Mitsuwa, outside of Chicago...

Right between the DDR 8th mix and BM Complete 2 machines...
(it's such a shame...)

I wouldn't touch PPP with a 10 foot pole...
View users profile Send private message
Sexual Chocolate!
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the Mitsuwa machine was having problems last time I was there (January). I wonder if its still rough. I just enjoyed going up on it and making hot buttocks of myself. Oh, and we videotaped it. haha. Ah...good times. I just cant see myself going on it and playing seriously.

... only in Delaware...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: