Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ripping Audio off of PS2 (Bemani) Games

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatchyPhraseOwen
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Ripping Audio off of PS2 (Bemani) Games Reply with quote

Hey, I want to get some songs off of my Pop'n Music 8, but I have no idea how it's done. I know you can do it by using some program of sorts and getting the songs off of the game, but I really have no clue as to how I'd go about doing this. I've Googled it too, but no luck. Any help?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need a program like Goldwave

and a thingamabob to take those audio plugs from your PS2 and plug them into your mic-in headphone jack on your PC. Radio Shack has 'em.
View users profile Send private message
Andy the happy mod-man
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a veteren ripper, I'm sorry to tell you that the Pop'n games are pretty much impossible to rip from.

First of all, you can't just "rip" the whole songs off of ANY Keysounded Bemani (like Pop'n, BM, or IIDX, etc where you PLAY the notes).

The farthest you would get would be ripping the "background" music. It would sound like as if you played the song without pressing any of the keys.

Aside from that, people have tried (including me) to rip from the Pop'n games, to make BMS files for the simulators.

When you rip the sound.dat pack from Pop'n 6 and above, you get about 100,000+ dummy files that ARE meant to freeze your computer. Only about 1,000 of those files are actually sounds used in Pop'n. With Pop'n 8, you can probably triple this amount.

I'll spare you the rest of the technical info and just end it with this:

You're better off to buy the OSTs, as rare as those are.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still get some of the osts from, say, cdjapan.co.jp or yesasia.com.

The best chance of ripping music directly from pop'n 8 is to set it to auto play in free training mode, then record it via line-in. Optimally, you'd want some way to get a digital audio capture for this - I'm not sure what exactly would be involved in getting output from that optical port into a PC though, unless you have a sound card that has an optical input.

Bemanistyle already did this for all the console-exclusive songs, though, and the rest of the songs are on the OST. The songs sound much more balanced in the OST anyways...
dog$
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who needs output from an optical port?

Every sound card has a mic-in jack. Buy a prong that'll take the L and R Audio plugs from any ol' PS composite cord set and use that convertor to put the plugs into the mic-in jack.

Set the game to auto-play and play the music on Goldwave. That easy.

No need to buy soundtracks.
djp -bemanistyle-
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dog$ wrote:

Not to sound hypocritical (since I do host PREVIEW sound files on my site) that's fucking terrible. Owning the original is always better, and far less cheap in the long run. Even if it's a fucking sonmay or ever anime soundtrack, it's better than ripping the damn music.
Andy the happy mod-man
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djp -bemanistyle- wrote:
dog$ wrote:

Not to sound hypocritical (since I do host PREVIEW sound files on my site) that's fucking terrible. Owning the original is always better, and far less cheap in the long run. Even if it's a fucking sonmay or ever anime soundtrack, it's better than ripping the damn music.

Amen.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djp -bemanistyle- wrote:

Not to sound hypocritical, but the topic for this thread is "Ripping Audio off of PS2 (Bemani) games", not "Should I buy soundtracks or burn my own".
Andy the happy mod-man
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dog$ wrote:
djp -bemanistyle- wrote:

Not to sound hypocritical, but the topic for this thread is "Ripping Audio off of PS2 (Bemani) games", not "Should I buy soundtracks or burn my own".

He was reffering to your post, not the thread topic, obviously.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

65 bucks for a game then then 25 to 30 bucks for the soundtrack isn't my idea of a good time. Rip away.
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

10. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ripped versions sound terrible compared to the real thing
Compare DJ B's 9th style game version to the real thing. DJ's are all off sounding and alot of song I hated from 9th are actually really good songs when you hear the OST. Just suck it up and spend the money.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Pop'n Neko] Andy wrote:
He was reffering to your post, not the thread topic, obviously.

No shít.
That doesn't change the point being his comment of "you should buy the soundtracks, even if they're bootlegged" HAS NO PLACE IN A TOPIC CALLED "How do I rip audio from PS2 games". If he really needed to bring this up he could have just as easily sent me a PM or made an entirely new topic.
Either way, I'm still one of only two people in this thread that has the decency to actually answer the question which the thread's author asked.

Larrikin wrote:
The ripped versions sound terrible compared to the real thing ... DJ's are all off sounding

Which is why you put the game on AUTO PLAY and then record.
SLdK
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this thread is old but i want to know how to rip the music off DDRE import and not pop'n if that makes any difference at all using a program of some sort on the computer. If it's possible
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dog$ wrote:
You'll need a program like Goldwave

and a thingamabob to take those audio plugs from your PS2 and plug them into your mic-in headphone jack on your PC. Radio Shack has 'em.
SLdK
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any other ways?
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLdK wrote:
i know this thread is old but i want to know how to rip the music off DDRE import and not pop'n if that makes any difference at all using a program of some sort on the computer. If it's possible

With DDR and the other wav-sounded Bemani, you can just take the audio right off the CD, instead of all the hassle of going through your sound card. Just get yourself a Playstation audio ripping program off Zophar.net, and an XA to MP3 converter, and that's pretty much it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant seem to find it on zophar, matches for "ps2 and ps2 ripper" came out to zero matches
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLdK wrote:
i cant seem to find it on zophar, matches for "ps2 and ps2 ripper" came out to zero matches

You don't even need to use their search function. It's not that hard to use menus.....

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html

You'll find some XA music extractors on that page. They were made for PSX games, but PS2 uses the same formats, so they should work on PS2 games as well.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Vb2rip Reply with quote

If you're too poor to spend just $1/song importing a Bemani OST then I think that ripping/recording the music from MAX2US and buying a copy of TaQ's Bounce Connected album from Bemanistyle would also be acceptable. Just at the very least keep buying KOA's games so that they can make more and hopefully someday also their matching soundtracks. And the same for IIDX 7th CS. Support Naoki, Taka, or whoever makes your favorite music.

And this ripping question has been answered in the console forum no less than half a dozen times by myself and surely dozens of times by lots of other people as well. Long story short, vb2rip works on just about every modern Konami game and especially on the Bemani series.

And if you want to buy TaQ's album I'm sure its still $35. PM DJP. *points up*
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: