Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The DDR Junkie Life Style

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burningman187
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: The DDR Junkie Life Style Reply with quote

As I have observed, There is a style of living to this game of arrows. It's live by the Arrow, Die by the Arrow. As I have posted on my other thread, I hate DDR. With this I have been threaten. I have found the pattern of a DDR Junkie in almost every DDR players life. A) Once a DDR junkie has awoken from slumbering it is a natural instinct to play it before school/work. B) During school, doodling and major thoughts about DDR are written in the margin of pages, Occult symbols also apear along with, I.E Dance Pads, Arrows, Song Titles with Arrows, And other DDR paraphernalia. When not engaged in the act of being a dumb arse and dancing, you talk about it. Once a person(s) gets out of school, a flock my herd to the arcade to waste token on this machine and dance till your legs go numb. After this act of Blasphemy agisnt the game god, you might go home and play it on Xbox or PlayStation 2, with the home dance kit. This routine often wears out its participants. When not engaged in DDR stepping you often think of it. Sleep starts the Cycle all over again (Note, this schedule is for the average DDR Junkie, and the not the Elite Dance All Day Type. Plus or Minus a few items, and you have a DDR Junkie written like a book)

DDR Junkie Guide

A) You think of this game often.
B) You see ARROWS when you close your eyes
C) You Dance along people who are actually playing when you are not
D) You download the Dance Dance Emulator
E) You download MP3s of Dance Dance Revolution Songs
F) You play more then thirty minutes a day
G) You spend over $1.50 a visit to the arcade on DDR
H) You have dreams about DDR
I) You enter a DDR Contest
J) And finally, if you can Say Dance Dance Revolution faster then your mothers name.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're trying too hard.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: The DDR Junkie Life Style Reply with quote

burningman187 wrote:
As I have observed, There is a style of living to this game of arrows. It's live by the Arrow, Die by the Arrow. As I have posted on my other thread, I hate DDR. With this I have been threaten. I have found the pattern of a DDR Junkie in almost every DDR players life. A) Once a DDR junkie has awoken from slumbering it is a natural instinct to play it before school/work. B) During school, doodling and major thoughts about DDR are written in the margin of pages, Occult symbols also apear along with, I.E Dance Pads, Arrows, Song Titles with Arrows, And other DDR paraphernalia. When not engaged in the act of being a dumb arse and dancing, you talk about it. Once a person(s) gets out of school, a flock my herd to the arcade to waste token on this machine and dance till your legs go numb. After this act of Blasphemy agisnt the game god, you might go home and play it on Xbox or PlayStation 2, with the home dance kit. This routine often wears out its participants. When not engaged in DDR stepping you often think of it. Sleep starts the Cycle all over again (Note, this schedule is for the average DDR Junkie, and the not the Elite Dance All Day Type. Plus or Minus a few items, and you have a DDR Junkie written like a book)

DDR Junkie Guide

J) And finally, if you can Say Dance Dance Revolution faster then your mothers name.

Someone really needs a life sarc.gif

How do you all this? Maybe because you spend half your time viewing a site for a game that is "The Devils Work" woooweee someone really needs some friends. Do yourself a favor and leave the house once in a while.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
burningman187
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Do some achievments Reply with quote

master it and list some achievements before you talk crap
Challenge Chicken
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: The DDR Junkie Life Style Reply with quote

I know I shouldn't be encouraging this. And I think you feel it's funny to make an attempt and try to discourage players with your impunity.

DDR Junkie Guide

When I'm in front of it, then yes
After I leave the arcade
This accusation is false
hmm...Emulator = Free. Counterstrike = 29.99...Do the math
I just so happen to listen to various bits of Video Game music. I'm a sinner
3 hours, once a week. Thank you kindly
Some places have machines that are 2 bucks a play. of course you'd spend more than 1.50
nope
1 freestyle contest, that was fun
Dance Dance Revolution seems so slide off my tongue easier than my whole mothers name.

Despite your one-man crusade to stop this--GAME, is pretty much a futile effort. I highly doubt you have even played the game, making your opinion a biased one. Maybe you're just angry you can't do it. I do not know, nor do I really wish to care.

In short: You're one person. You make claims to this being the devil's work. And wat's worse, it's a GAME! A roll the dice, do not pass GO, do not collect 200 dollars GAME.

May I inquiry that you inform me as to why you're even trying, Burningman
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Flag_Burning_Dakota
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the point of posting about disliking DDR in a forum of DDR Freaks is...??

I still don't get this dude.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gL.Karl
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just got you on this one. You're completely devoid of any sort of life to have made up such a shabby list of common things even someone who ISNT addicted to the arrow smash smash game would do. In fact, half the things you've listed aren't things that someone truly a fan of the game would do, but rather the actions of a scrub suddenly curious and/or amazed by the entire game after seeing it for the first time. Even DDR junkies (just like poker, arcade, racing, sports, etc. junkes) respect themselves enough to create some form of separation between themselves and the game.
Captain-Invincible
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what the worst thing is? An article/post along the themes of "Why I hate DDR" or "Things that are wrong with DDR players" could be a very good addition to any DDR fan forum - a jumping board for discussion about various aspects of the game.

Of course, such an article would have to be well written and feature insights into the game, unlike the "Hahah j00 all play thta game taht u all like!" at the start of this thread. Is it just me, or were at least four of his "crimes" simply things that anybody who likes any game would do (play it regularly, download it/the emulator etc).

I'm all for people criticising the Dance Machine - that is their right. But if you're going to come onto a forum for something that you admit you don't like, you should at least have a couple of decent points. Common courtesy, like.

P.S. You completely lose me when you first say "This game is stupid", but when people criticise you you return with "Master it and list some accomplishments." Make up your mind, man.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: The DDR Junkie Life Style Reply with quote

First off, to everyone bashing Captain-Invincible.... Why don't you guys go do something productive? Browsing the DDRFreak forums and flaming doesn't constitute as a "life" either disgust.gif

burningman187 wrote:
DDR Junkie Guide

I'm afraid you have missed a few of the finer points of being a DDR Junkie.

A) You think of the game ALL THE TIME. You cannot go a single day without thinking about playing DDR.
B) You have installed Stepmania IN ADDITION to owning several PS versions.
C) You continue to go to the arcade even though you own a rather expensive metal pad.
D) Your playlist consists almost entirely of the DDR soundtrack
E) You spend 6 or more hours a week at the arcade.
F) You spend $7 or more dollars a day.
G) Your favorite song is from DDR.
H) Your favorite song in DDR is a 10 footer that isn't bag.

I think this list is slightly more accurate E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningman187 wrote:

Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Pantera, you could atleast make your own graphics, instead of ripping off a pisspoor site, you chode smoking motherfucker
burningman187
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Pantera, you could atleast make your own graphics, instead of ripping off a pisspoor site, you chode smoking motherfucker
Jazz Samurai
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going, chief. You really showed him with that smooth double post.

www.jazzsamurai.org
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Redwngs13
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you even spend ur time here? just because you hate the game doesnt mean you have to go dissing others who like it. I don't go harrassing others who play a game that I hate. Thats low man, really low. disturb.gif

Myspace
"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking!" - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
hello
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not this guy again...

*yawn*

go away please
View users profile Send private message
tempest6
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: DDR Junkie?... Reply with quote

Sounds like Burningman187 needs to hook up with BenMoody! That would be a great couple! Is that a trip or what? Please reply, over! Thanks!

tempest6
View users profile Send private message Send email
↓↔Originalee↔↑
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind if I take it back on topic.

<_< I have to admit.. I do see arrows when I close my eyes. And I find myself mummbling the Witchdoctor song randomly.

I could while away the hours,
conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin'
while my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
PMG
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um. I'm locking this seeing that nothing good has come out of it, nor will anything after it be good. Thanks.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: