Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

best pads

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azniza519
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: best pads Reply with quote

what is the best pad to get that is a good price?
View users profile Send private message
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

1. PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion if you go the ignition pad route: Put a wood board inside instead of using the foam inserts. Every instance that I've seen of an ignition used with the foam I've seen massive internal tearing of the pad. If you take the foam inserts from the ignition to a place like Home Depot, they will cut it for you but you'll have to cut the rounded edges and the middle part for the control.

I ordered an Ignition from Kommax.com (when it still existed) just some radom off brand GameMate. It cost $47 or so after shipping and they ended up sending me a pair instead of just the one. That pad lasted me 6 months. Because of this I ordered another pair of off brand Ignitions off Ebay yesterday.

In my experience, Red Octane Ignitions are not worth the money you'd pay for them ($100 for one). I have a friend that has gone through three in a two month period of time. Granted he does play a bit harder than I do. The sensors ended up shifting and the material used to raise the arrows was almost completely flat.

I also have a pair of Cypher Games pads that I got off Ebay over a year ago. With modification these pads can be decent if you want to go toward metal pads.

Believe me when I say almost anything can be made to work. Not all of us have $300 to spend on a Cobalt Flux pad, which is supposedly the best out there. I can't make a suggestion on what to get because I've only had these two sets of pads, but I've given what I know for fact and I hope it helped you in some way.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rychan - once you get those pads, you've GOT to tell me how well they compare to the RedOctane one. I LOVE Ignition pads, I play better on them than anything else. So far I've only done RedOctane, but the yare so expensive, and I just got my first tear in it today after a month E2.gif . It's a great pad, but to keep replacing it once every 2-3 months is A LOT of cash. These look to be a nice solution! Once you get them, please come back and give me a product review! Thank you!! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: