Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Best Pad For The Money

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex291991
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Best Pad For The Money Reply with quote

I need to know what pad is the best for the money, im considering buying a red octane from ebgames for $50 can anybody help me in making my selection?
View users profile Send private message
ghengisjon
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: which pad to buy Reply with quote

there are so many choices out there

i know a guy who bought a cobalt flux which isnt bad - $300.00

i personally prefer and bought the cypher games arcade style pad with the bar. the pad is about 2 in. thick but the bar is pretty thin - $350.00

i also know someone else who bought the smaller version of my pad (no bar but has lights and about 1 inch thick) - $200.00

its all up to you...what you're looking for, quality, price , durability
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
alex291991
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im looking for quality and price, and i dont want the sensors to wear out quickly so durability too, can anybody recomend a good pad for me? E19.gif
Robert H. Magnusson
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the pads I've worked with (low budget, about the $50 you mention tops - $30 was MY practical limit), I have to give the most, er, props to the official Konami pad, especially the new one with the non-slip surface. It stays GLUED to the floor, practically. As for durability, I still have the official pad bundled with the original PS1 DDR US, and it's just now starting to get unresponsive in some of the arrows. [Of course, it looks like uncrumpled tinfoil...] I hope my official non-slip pad lasts quite a while - I haven't folded it yet to put it back in storage to make sure it doesn't fail from a folded sensor. Admittedly, finding the official Konami pad unbundled is exceptionally hard to do, and finding it bundled is challenging enough...
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a metal pad for cheap you can find ones off of ebay for cheap...but you'll have to do a lot of moding for it to be good...

GT: Fecies of a Nun
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheT20Knight
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats a good pad for around $50 thats good and durable. I don't need a metal one, but it couldn't hurt. I just dont want to spend $200, $300.
Bioclown
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that you can never go wrong by building your own. I mean, you can do whatever you want with it, it costs below 200 bucks to make, you can add whatever to it, and make it as durable as you please! there's a thread on the forums that will take you to a good site with instructions on making your own.
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man just start your own conversation JEEZ! frust.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: