Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Need assistance modding a RedOctane Metal Pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttvp
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Need assistance modding a RedOctane Metal Pad Reply with quote

Alright, I've had this thing for quite a few months now, and recently the up arrow started dying. I know it's a contact problem caused by the usage of metal foil on the underside of the arrow button, but that's basically all I know (even that's just an assumption, not 100% verified). I want to mod the pad with sheet metal replacements (on all the arrows, not just the up arrow) as others had mentioned before (what was it? 26 gauge?). The only problem is, I'm completely clueless when it comes to modifications like this, so I was wondering if somebody had/could put together a howto on the subject. How much should be bought, how to cut it, where and how to affix the metal to the buttons and the like. I'd also appreciate it if someone could explain exactly how the sensor works so that I may better understand the situation and prevent things like this from happening again.

Thanks in advance. I hope somebody here can offer some advice, even just a little bit.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

1. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always given out this site for help on such modifications. It's where I educated myself, even though I have a pair of Cypher games, not a MyMyBox. I hope it helps you too. happy.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Thanks a lot! That was exactly what I was looking for! E4.gif

You have my sincerest thanks. *bows*
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: