Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Fr0zenXer0's EXTENSIVE BNS pad REVIEW

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fr0zenxer0
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Fr0zenXer0's EXTENSIVE BNS pad REVIEW Reply with quote

Bns pad has come.......Now where do i start........Do i start with how this pad is crap?.........well DONT EXPECT IT! This pad is GREAT. Its sturdy, and the arrows show no signs of cracking. The Pad is made out of good metal. Inside the metal is WOOD!! Wood is GREAT. This pad weighs about 45 pounds and thats GOOD!. The pad is thick and it doesnt warp on my floor. Its pretty quiet and the control box is pretty sturdy, LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PIC, ITS BLACK. For a DDR pad this is well worth it. IT has a foam bottom and there is nothing that would scratch your floor, bend the pad , crack the glass or metal or whatever. I had no proglem with the plastic thing that came covering the pad. I dont know why everyone is making a big fuss.......its just plastic wrap. Maybe the stopped using the old stuff and got wise? VERY WELL CRAFTED, This pad requires NO MODDING. GOOD JOB BNS.

The negatives to this (or at least one's i can see) is that it uses FOIL CONTACTS not sheet metal. Everything Crypto said about that is FALSE. ANother negative is that the arcylic DOES bend. HOWEVER, before u nod ur head and hate on the pad. THIS IS NATURAL. The acrylic needs to bend to touch the sensor. This bend is NOT EVEN CLOSE to severe as the CG pads. With the CG pads u felt as if the pad would BREAK. THe bend is nothing serious when I play DDR I hardly notice but i feel i should tell u guys. AGAIN, THE BEND IS NOT SERIOUS. THE ACRYLIC MUST BEND TO TOUCH THE CONTACTS. Let's see......i dont think there are any more Negatives to this pad. I have heard people complain about the BNS pads but maybe they got the old ones BNS used to carry. RO used to carry crap as well. I myself have had no experiance of DOA. As time goes on however, ill keep u informed.

CLOSING STATMENT:

The pad is great. It's identical to RO. EXACT SAME THING. When you buy RO you poay about 40 more dollars for the name. Its like buying stuff made from Aeropostale compared to Bannanna republic. You pay for the name. RO has a better warrnaty i heard. But if the pad keeps up like it did today then i have no need for the warranty. BNS copied RO in every way. BNS has LED lights, im not sure if RO has that. Im very shocked to see the pad was SO well crafted. I seriously have no problem. I weigh 140 pounds. The arrows do bend a lil to touch the sensors but not as much as the STINKIN cypher Games crap on ebay. I REPEAT, THIS PAD IS IDENTICAL TO RO, I wont compare to CF cuz ive never played on one. THIS PAD IS WORTH THE MONEY. I Dont work for BNS, i am not close friends with crypto ( nor do i know him). I have played with this pad for about 3 hours ( i know its not much but i feel it wont break any time soon) I played Sakura on Heavy, Max 300, ORION civilizatiuon mix, Cartoon heroes and all my steps registered. Great Pad. I'm not saying this is the best pad. But for the price, it is the best one out there. I'd consider this pad before the RO. RO retails for 200+. This pad will cost you $173.00. I cant confirm if the pad arrives DOA but i can say that my pad arrived perfectly. No damaged box. The item was to be expected last Wedsnday tho. I wont blame BNS for it cuz i think it may have been Fed EX fault. Fed EX is sucks kids. They left my gamecube out in the front porch. They would have done the same to my metal pad. I was in bathroom and when i came out the guy hopped in his truck with my pad at the porch. If you live in a crummmy neighborhood with a lot of grimey people, then try to get a different carrier who actually requires a signature. If you live in a town like mine where everyone minds thier own buisness then i guesss fed ex is ok. Sometimes UPS is a pain in the buttocks cuz no one is home to sign it and u have to wait next day, tho. Anyway, ill stop talking bout mail carriers. Like i said, if u have any questions please post it here. O and BTW........ FALSE ADVERTISMENT. The picture of the metal pad iwth the X and O button is FALSE. THats a photoshop pic of a REAL ddr arcade pad. INstead the X and O are replaced with Diagnol lef and right (Just like RO). I dont think RO has the metal border but the BNS does. The metal border is a very welcome +. THERE ARE NO X and O BUTTONS. THIS IS A REPLICA OF A RO PAD. THIS IS A EXACT COPY WITHOUT THE RO LOGO. PLEASE DONT BASE THE LOOKS OF THE PAD FROM THE PICUTRE THEY SHOW. THE PAD LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ANY OF THE PICTURES. IF you want to see a REAL image of the pad. Go to Redoctane.com and look for thier metal pad. If thier pad has no border then add a metal border about 1 inch thick around the pad. I seriously dont want to sound like a crypto, but go buy this pad. DONT BUY OFF EBAY. PLEASE DONT DO THAT TO YOURSELF. If you are a AVID ddr player like me. The ebay pads WILL DIE. My CG pads Died in 2 weeks!!. Go the extra mile and spend 50 dollars more for this. Dont be sucked into the CG and NEO pads. They look great on the net but when u get on them, you know u wasted ur money. If someone gave me a choice. 2 of these or 1 cobalt flux, i'd choose 2 BNS. 2 BNS = 1 cobalt. I bet the cobalt is definitly better but unless u plan to run over ur pad with a SUV, the BNS pad will definitly do you more about the same. Thats my extensive review. Hope it helps you people in your quest for the metal pad. If you have any questions about this pad, please jus post it here, ill answer them for you.

EDIT: MY PAD LOOKS NOTHING LIKE JILL's. YOu can see the pic of his pad on his BNS review. MINES looks EXACTLY LIKE RO. THERE IS NO BNS LOGO. THe arrows ARE THE SAME AS RO. Ill have pics if it is on high demand.
dammit jill
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, so you bought it directly of the bns website? I would really want to see the pics since you said it came in black. I got my pad from an auction off eBay and it just so happened to be BNS. Anyways, my pad is still the same with yours so good job on the review. BTW.. i like my cute x/o buttons n_n
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
[S4U] Evo
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A picture is worth a million words

please take some riiight.gif

btw nice review, i am now highly concidering on purchasing this pad. Thanks for all your help biggrin.gif

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
fr0zenxer0
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i got the pictures... the quality sux cuz they were from my cell phone but ill point u guys out.

http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/index.asp?id_=6095386 I compared the thickness to a CD... I couldnt find a ruler.

http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/index.asp?id_=6095382 Control box.....

http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/index.asp?id_=6095378 The inside of the arrow.......Notice the WOOD!! biggrin.gif

http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/index.asp?id_=6095346 The RO.....I mean BNS pad in all its glory XD.

After opening the arrows i feel i like the pad even more. The Parts were EXTREMELY well crafted. The arrows were cut perfectly and they are good thickness...... The foil may be a problem but just go buy a roll of foil tape and if it wears and tears then replace it. If it scrapes off on ur sensor then take a screw driver or someting and peel it off. Maybe BNS ran ut of thier pads and sent me a RO XD.

EDIT: Ok guys i acutlaly went to RO website and found out some info.......MY PAD IS EXACTLY LIKE RO. Here is a link to thier pad. http://redoctane.com/redoctanemetalpad.html Ok now look at the pics. Image 3 i believe shows thier control box. Mine is exactly the same as that
except for the fact that mine is BLACK. Now look at image 1. My pad looks EXACTLY the same as that expect for the fact that the bottom part (With the red octane logo) is taken out. This pad is IDENTICAL in every other way. If you wanta very clear picture then look at the red octane pads. They are identical.
dammit jill
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude, didn't you buy two of these pads from what I recalled? I'm considering getting another one for doubles play. How is it on doubles so far?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ddrpablo
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where u get the pad?
ReFLeX15
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah man i was expecting this to be a review of the BNS DX-Xtreme soft pad. oh well im pretty sure its good. =)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRPABLO wrote:
where u get the pad?

BNS (buynshop) duh!

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
RAJ821
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that the closing statement is bigger than the review! laugh.gif

Man, that seems like a nice pad. If I ever want to get a metal pad, I 'll be gittin' from BNS!
RAJ821
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you double post!!!

Last edited by RAJ821 on Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
[DMB]ziggy4719
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

that looks exactly like a neo pad almost 100 percent alike but neo pads r cheaper because u bid on them insted of buying a base price i got mine with shipping for 115 E1.gif so this is a good pad neo vs. bns i no the answer its a tie there both the SAME pad but neo is cheaper yes even the wood is in the neo
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mikeweiser
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Neo is not the same as BNS. Neo uses Acrylic for their arrows, which means not only will you be replacing the contacts, but also the arrows.
View users profile Send private message
htownboy101
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is actually an honest review, hes not lieing to make it seem better than any other pads, since he said cobalt flux is prolly better. well after reading this review, i would get the BNS, but i already have the CF
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: