Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Metal Pad Opinions

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M3phest0
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Metal Pad Opinions Reply with quote

I'm looking into investing in metal pads for home, any opinions on which are the best? i hear the mymybox ones suck because the panels and screws keep popping off, anybody know whether the red octane ones are good? also i found this site

http://www.ddrgame.com/ddrgame/psps2suarmep.html

anybody have one of these?

any info would really help, i want to get my money's worth here.
Johnny Blaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is stay away from the 6 panel pad....I forget who makes it but it has the green upper left and upper right arrows......they break way to easy and it takes an hour for you to open it up.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a lot of metal pads out there.
and alot that have the 6button layout.
I own MyMyBox metal pad (6button), and well, it does the job, and will last a long time if modded correctly. (which is easy and inexpensive.) and ONLY EVER PLAY ON HARDWOOD FLOOR, carpet will make those badboy's bend.

I've heard good things of CobaltFlux pads... didn't RedOctane come out with one too?

shouldn't this all be in the DDR At Home thread?
Staff Member
Staff Member

Location: Philly, PA, USA, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe!
3. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to DDR consoles.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RO did make a new metal pad but they still use cheap foil unlike the CF which uses sheet metal. CF is definetly the best metal pad on the market.

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
MegaBeatManMania
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is off topic but isnt it wierd that the auther of this thread is m3phest0 and the person who posted last (me really, but the guy before me) is diabloslayer? just came to me.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Gogo
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard... Metal pads suck. ... ... ... -_-... It's sad. Unfortunatly, I've never heard anything good. ._. Well... No. Nothing good. RedOctane/BNS/MyMyBox fall apart. Cobalt Flux is EXPENSIVE. And with all this, NO* metal pad has authetic arcade feel. (*exculding limited production $1,000 metal pads made by Konami of Japan a few years back). If you can have authetic arcade feel, who cares? Just use RedOctane ignition pads. If you really want authetic feel you should probably build your own. Those pads in that link might be good, but I wouldn't trust them.

Dance Masters: JPMax Single-Light. USMax Single-Light, Single-Standard. JPMax2 Single-Light.

Onis: USMax Lesson Oni. JPMax2 MoreLight, BeForU,
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
{SFSA} Flex
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the pad and it is simply amazing this is a very good investment and the arrows never crack.. bars a little iffy but hey i aa'd maxx stelth on it so it cant be that bad.

comeadeyahaaaaaa
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They suck. They use acrylic! Acrylic will break unlike poly-carbonated plastic. Don't buy this pad, the arrows will definetly crack just like the other cheap 3rd party metal pads, and it probably uses foil for contacts. Get a CF instead.

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total
{SFSA} Flex
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diabloslayer469 wrote:
They suck. They use acrylic! Acrylic will break unlike poly-carbonated plastic. Don't buy this pad, the arrows will definetly crack just like the other cheap 3rd party metal pads, and it probably uses foil for contacts. Get a CF instead.

you know its funny how you "know" they will break when you dont even have won. i play lots of tens, am 170 punds and my pad/arrows, havent showed the lightest sign of breaking.. so please be quite.

comeadeyahaaaaaa
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u guys are both stupid. stop saying that there not gonna crack ever/ they're gonna crack. Only time will tell if they're gonna fukin crack. You know what i think? All metal pads you buy are BS. wanna have a good metal pad? build ur own, so u dont have to rely on people that dont take time on making there pads. That way u can take like a long time to make it, so the outcome is near arcade like. If you buy pads from a site, its not gonna be like arcade at all. CG/BNS/MMB ... there all the same. pads that have arrows that sink in a lot in order for it to make contact with the copper to complete the step. Cobaltflux is an awesome pad i've heard, and that is probaly becuz they take time when making the pads. They dont use poopy materials to make them. They use strong lucite instead of crappy crappy plexiglass, its all in one piece, instead of having like 8 layers of crap built in crap, etc. People talking about Blah blah, is this metal pad good? Blah blah... god damn it no it isnt. We need to post some sticky post about differences between pads are, so that freaking ddr home newbies dont have to post a new topic every other day about how good there metal pad is, even though they had it for like 3 days so far. It's bs. we need to get a ddr info post going on! my 2 cents.
RagePenguin
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is simple.

Get what your budget can afford you.

Mine got me a CF.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Guderian
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the simple theory is, CF is best, if you can afford it. You want a metal pad that will last you a long time still with some minor repair work in the form of foil cleaning and screwing screws, you've got your options. You can't afford $120+ metal pads, there's the Ignition, and plus a slew of soft things, and then you can just mod a soft pad and it wrks for a long time.

Think of your DDR pad as just another way to express yourself in DDR. Some people have pads they made from scratch showing they know their tools, some have pad that look nice or are easy on the wallet. Its a weird sorta ink-blot test...with DDR pads though!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Tha DDR Playa
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with tha 2 previous posts. If ya got tha fundz, getta CF, I did..........should be gettin' it in 2 to 3 weeks. If not go for a RO, which I was before I switched to CF........YOU make up your mind on whatcha want......be wise though.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't get it. It uses acrylic, and everyone knows that its breakable. Get a CF!

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total
{guitar playing} Xel
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reflexx wrote:

you know its funny how you "know" they will break when you dont even have won. i play lots of tens, am 170 punds and my pad/arrows, havent showed the lightest sign of breaking.. so please be quite.

brandon spell correctly please, or i will spell check for you E15.gif

but i can vouch for him, he is all the stats he says.

but again, it depends on the material used (foil vs sheet metal, acrylic vs lucite)

but to be honest, i dont have either a home made pad nor a commercial pad (cf, ro, ect). But from both arguments, each has its advantages. For commercail pads, you have warranties, user feedback ect. Home built pads have their advantages . For one, if you know something is going wrong (pad cracking, wiring), you know where to usually go and fix it, as with the other pads, if they somehow do break, you have to ship out, ect.

both parts have their strengths and weaknesses
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: