Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

difference of these pads???

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slooog
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: difference of these pads??? Reply with quote

ok i've been looking on ebay for metal pads.... ok first off is that a good idea or no?

and 2nd... what are the difference between these 3 pads??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3055502552&category=21185
100 dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3055309880&category=11322
140 dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3055582443&category=21185
95 dollars

they all seem the same to me minus the look...... so if any one can help it would be greatly appreciated
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
CHROMEDOME
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd and 3rd are mostly the same, I wouldn't get them because they have acrylic arrows and those have been known to break easly. The best one of the 3 would be the first one because it has Polycarbonate arrows and those are a lot stronger than the acrylic ones.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the first one is pretty much the same as the second one only in a thicker frame, and yes, has the much better poly c. arrows. From the looks of it this is the sturdiest one.

Second is the MyMyBox, I have one of these and it's pretty good, they don't have the better arrows so cracking will probably occure sometime down the road (i weigh 140 and had this for over 4 months and so far no cracking...yet...) Fairly sturdy, good quality pad.

Third is some random off-brand pad. This is the cheapest one of all 3, probably the weakest too. I had this one and gave it to my girlfriend who weighs 100lbs, and she's managed to crack every arrow (she's a low heavy player 6-9 feet, and doesn't stomp). Actually I had 2 of these, one died in 2 weeks, the other one she's had for about 9 months and is still doing really good and works perfectly. I guess a 'results may vary' sticker goes on this.

I hope that helped out biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
sfetaz
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned for a while Mymybox pads, and as long as you play on a hardwood floor and NOT a carpet, you should be happy for a while. Yes the arrows do crack, and you should follow the modification created by a few of us that Ter put on his website so that you do not get stuck arrows. If you must play on a carpet put a piece of wood underneath the pad.
View users profile Send private message
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is the best out of all of them
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: