Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I need a pad that..

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asteroid
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: I need a pad that.. Reply with quote

1: Is Durable.
2: I have a 12 1/2 shoe so i need a pad that has a bit more space so i don't accidentally hit buttons.
3: Is very accurate
4: Is inexpensive

Im currently using the madcatz pad ( shudder ) and its accurate about 65% of the time. I would be happy with any recommendations E1.gif

(and I suck) lol
View users profile Send private message Send email
Caeru
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: I need a pad that.. Reply with quote

I'm going to go with the BNS Ultra DX-Xteme, as I've recommended before. You can find it here:
http://buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-ULTDX/

Quote:
1: Is Durable.

Its as durable as any soft pad seems to be. Life span depends on how much you use them and how hard you are on them.
Quote:
2: I have a 12 1/2 shoe so i need a pad that has a bit more space so i don't accidentally hit buttons.

If you have big feet, chances are your going to accidentally hit buttons on occasion. However, I've found this happens less with the BNS pads then with the RO Ignitions. It seems you have a little more space to move around in the center with the BNS's while the ignitions are more sensitive around the edges(this gets REALLY annoying).
Quote:
3: Is very accurate

As accurate as any soft pad I've used. I can do ten footers on them.
Quote:
4: Is inexpensive

50 bucks for a pad with foam inserts? Thats a really good deal in my opinion. Especially when compared to the RO ignitions which are essentially the same thing.
Here is a review comparing the BNS pad to the RO ignition: http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Games/Roundups/ddrpad/4.html

If this is still too expensive, I would suggest the official konami pad that comes bundled with DDRMAX 2 USA. I think you can buy it separately for like 30 bucks. I've heard good things about it. However, I personally think its worth it to get a pad with the foam inserts. It has a MUCH nicer feel and I've just found them to be more reliable overall.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
QuestionMark
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a budget pad i've had 2 naki's i bought off ebay long long ago when the original was the only thing out, i had bought the game and pads that came with naki, honestly it's the only pad i've had but i've had it for almost 2 straight years of stomping and the first of two just died recently.
I don't know about the size but if you just want budget you may want to consider it.....
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
プライアン
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna play in shoes on your soft pad, I would reccomend getting the RO pad cover. It's $15 dollars and you can find it in the buy ddr section.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a pad that.. Reply with quote

[quote="Caeru"]I'm going to go with the BNS Ultra DX-Xteme, as I've recommended before.[quote]

I concur. My BNS pad works great. I had a regular Dance Pad Revolution before, and that thing met its maker in three months. But it's been three months since I got my BNS pad and it has yet so show any sings of breaking. I expect it to work well into next year.
Tha DDR Playa
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile Mayhem wrote:
If you wanna play in shoes on your soft pad, I would reccomend getting the RO pad cover. It's $15 dollars and you can find it in the buy ddr section.

I wholeheartedly agree wit ya. Get one of those.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Asteroid
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I like the recommendation but i was really looking for a cheap pad i can buy and itll last a couple months till i can save up for a quality one. since DDR is part of my wellness homework.

(and I suck) lol
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: