Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Mods, please just hear me out..

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2dxzeus
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Mods, please just hear me out.. Reply with quote

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72684

I'm not trying to get into any kind of argument. I want to make a point while I'm up and awake and not tired and groggy.

This is the first time I've ever got even slightly pissed off at anyone on these message boards. I've been here a year and half now, maybe 2 with lurking, and you're all talking down to me like I'm some kind of noob. I thought I addressed the problem clearly and in well manner.

i would just like to point out some inconsistencies in mods posts about this issue...

Quote:
Don't try to make Remy look like the bad guy... If he is wrong for not taking it to PM, then you are wrong as well because you made absolutely no attempt to stop or take it to PM. Oh and Remy didn't flame you...

Remy should have taken it to PMs instead of posting it on the message board. Correct? I got warned for not taking it to PMs (i.e. flaming openly), and perhaps Remy didn't FLAME me, but he set up flame bait for me/Fel.

(see post #laflafla)

In my opinion, quoting someone as much as he quoted Fel was quite ridiculous and does indeed fall along the lines of flaming/flamebaiting. That, if anything, should have been a PM and NOT a public post. This may be a public forum, but that should not have been a public post.

All in all, I did overreact with what I exactly said. But I still stand by what I originally meant with what I said...

Quote:
Try looking at the very first post.

This could have easily been worded much differently and quite possibly much more amiably. I am very generally a VERY friendly person, and I'm very forgiving. There are many instances where I could have (and probably should have) gone off on people on these boards, but I'm not that kinda guy. Anyone reading this who knows me will agree. Having to deal with drunken idiots in a college downtown by the swarms boggles my mind, and it shouldn't be any reason to get mad at people on message boards. But after dealing with that and coming home to what I considered to be something that could have been worded much better, I didn't want to hold my opinion back, and this is where it lands me. I just can't understand why anyone being a mod means they can get away with being moody and I can't.

And as soon as I posted my first post...
Quote:
GAAA! i tried finding the song list with no avail...and i looked on 1/3 of this thread. can someone please be kind and post the link to the page here for me? its much appreciated.

and after Remy answered my question, everyone else decided to jump in and basically say 'oh you're an idiot for not looking on the first page, etc'. That's what got me so upset, because there was no need for that...and thereafter is when I flamed/flamebaited.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I got 5 warning points for this. I do think that's a bit uncalled for...and I do apologize for reacting the way I reacted at the time. But whatever...if you know me, you'll know that this is completely bizarre and uncalled for. And I would really wish some of the mods would stop to try and listen to why people actually get upset (granted I know you get a lot of ridiculous complaints from idiots A-Z tongue.gif)...this isn't that ridiculous of one.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let's step back and take this one post at a time:

Zeus wrote:
GAAA! i tried finding the song list with no avail...and i looked on 1/3 of this thread. can someone please be kind and post the link to the page here for me? its much appreciated.

Now, as it's been mentioned in all the official threads, you are eligible to receive a warning for asking what the song list is, or other questions that are easily answered in the first post. I rarely do it, but the potential is there. However, I've seen you on the boards before, and so rather than making a comment about how you read a third of the thread and somehow missed the first post, I posted what I thought was a very kind response:

I wrote:
Try looking at the very first post.

There was no malice here, no cuts, no flames. Just saying hey, try the very first post. That's where what you want is. I wasn't having a bad day, I wasn't taking it out on anyone. I was just saying, it's in the first post.

If I had posted a link instead that linked you to the very first post, without saying it was the first post, would that have been any different?

You then responded:

Zeus wrote:
wtfever, not like i actually looked around the thread or anything. i asked a legit question and got a halfass response. you could have just said 'its on the first page' dude. wtfever.

I really, really missed how me telling you it was the first post was a half-buttocks response. I said this about three posts later. I also felt rather trampled on for trying to help you. I reflected this as well.

Now, someone else - Tycho1211 - responded with:

Tycho1211 wrote:
wtfever, sassing the mods is not nice

Now, when you threw two "wtfevers" at me, I didn't warn you. I let it slide. So no, I didn't warn him for this either. However, your response:

Zeus wrote:
than i'll sass you and all the other dumbasses that decided to butt in after i asked a question. so what? i didn't look at the first post, and you guys are acting like its the end of the frick world. seriously, get lives.

I'm sorry, that's a flame. Hard to debate that.

As for my long response to someone defending you by saying you were having a bad day - could you point out a line where I flamed you?

Also - you said you tried to take this to PM. Who did you try to PM? I haven't received any from you.

I really think this is just a huge misunderstanding that's ballooned out of control. I don't have any personal beef with you, and I'm sure you're a fine guy. So please, don't take this personally.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the whole 2 threads. Seems to me if its a misunderstanding. I do agree in some ways that words can be read differently. Its sometimes hard to know if somone is being serious, sarcastic, funny etc I always read things twice on here.

Don't mean to stir things, but 5 points for one offense? I thought 3 was the amount for Flamming?

Also Zeus I have seen Mod's with points before. Its rare but it does happen.
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way you should receive 5 points for one offense, so I checked your record. It looks like there was a mistake. Remy warned you for your post http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7209163#7209163 on Sep 4. Then, on Sep 7, Milty Kiss warned you again for the same post. Milty should have checked that you had been warned already for that post before giving you that warning. Anyway, I'm going to delete Milty's warning now because Remy got to you first.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for deleting that. that was really the only thing left urking me. i was having a really rough day and was taking everything as negative as i could have...thats my bad. it was a simple misunderstanding. anyway, everything further will be taken to PMs, but i see little need for any more discussion.

mods can lock the thread whenever.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: