Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

does anybody have this metal pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDRer7
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: does anybody have this metal pad Reply with quote

http://www.enetshoponline.com/bplaydanrevd1.html
the pad is 1.5" thick so it might be pretty sturdy, i duno, cause if its that thick it should weigh more than 36lbs. it might be good for 115$ though.
if anybody could review this pad it would be appreciated, iam looking to buy one that will last a long time and take a lot of abuse, i am willing to mod a pad, im trying to get around buying the CF cause its too expensive.
View users profile Send private message
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, according to that site the pad makes ZERO sound when you step on the arrows. That thing must have overcome physics some how to get rid of frictional sound.

Anyways, the pad looks like crap to me. Its easy to think that since a metal pad looks the same as another metal pad, its just as good, but not so. My CobaltFlux is definitally a lot better than a MMB pad, even though they look similar.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DDRer7
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i think ill just wait til lchristmas and get 2 CF's. that thing is ugly too, and the buttons would probly get in the way. my modded soft pads have been holdin up good for a couple months now, i just want metal pads
View users profile Send private message
DDRKirisu
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Hell x_x ehh, also known as Florida. . . eep, it's too hot here x_x, AND MY SPANISH TEACHER IS SATAN
3. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehh.. I have the same pad.. personally.. it sucks. My review..

Super Heavy Duty, can handle player weight up to 300lbs - i weigh 140lbs and the arrows cracked disgust.gif

Same design and material used as arcade's - Not really, worse then arcades

'Touch Sensitive Technology' excellent response from buttons - Yes, excellent response

0% noise level, no noise when jumping on arrows - left.gif E9.gif .. good one.. soo frikin noisy... >_<

You can wear shoes to play on Metal Pad - umm.. if you dont.. chances are your foot is gonna get cut up.. badly..

Platform will work on carpet or hard floor - yep

The entire platform frame is metal, will never break - well it WILL break, but it'll take a lot of hard work

Weights about 36 lbs (Next day Air not available) - yea it does

Dimensions: 31.5 inches x 34.5 inches - yep

1.5 inches thick - yep

One piece, no assembling needed - yep

Constructed of all metal, arrows are made of hard acrylic plastic - hard acrylic plastic? more like cheap plastic

All sides and middle are reinforced with chrome metal plates and brackets - yes, but cheap plates and cheap brackets

Power is taken directly from the Playstation - yep

So yep! Umm.. I dunno.. maybe its just THIS pad that I got thats funky.. but who knows?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: