Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

There should be a rule for this :angry face:

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: There should be a rule for this :angry face: Reply with quote

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67368 (note: this is in reference to the wannabe mods, not the topic)

I am so fucking sick of seeing shit like this. People keep posting in a topic that could very well die on it's own, just to say something stupid like "this should be locked" or to put images of locks. This kind of stuff is little more than postwhoring in my opinion.

I see this stuff all the time in other forums too. on occasion a gameplay related topic will appear in chit chat and the forum nazi's appear. I don't see anything wrong with one person saying, "this belongs in gameplay." But someone(a non-mod) says "wrong forum. locked." or anything like that, it is really annoying.

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67121 <-- example

Another thing I could bring up here is redundant forum nazi-ing. What's the point of several people telling one person his topic belongs in gameplay, not chit-chat? I see none.

EDIT- Well shit. The topic at the top was deleted. Go mods! But nonetheless, the forum nazi's have still gotten out of hand.

Last edited by Cookies on Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Mr. Deus
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree.

Locked.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rufus!
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do notice that most people that post in the wrong forum are basic members. I admit even now sometimes I post in the wrong forum, I have to agree with VGS here. let the modding to the mods. sooner or later someone will see it and lock it. if not just PM a mod.
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted that thread.

Anyway, I understand what you are talking about. The best thing to do is quickly PM a mod in the event of a thread like that, usually the mod assigned to the forum. Once notified of the thread it is then locked and points will be given for the various reasons (ie, post whoring, large images etc) to the offenders.

And yes, people post whoring with pictures are subject to points in the thread.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
I deleted that thread.

Anyway, I understand what you are talking about. The best thing to do is quickly PM a mod in the event of a thread like that, usually the mod assigned to the forum. Once notified of the thread it is then locked and points will be given for the various reasons (ie, post whoring, large images etc) to the offenders.

And yes, people post whoring with pictures are subject to points in the thread.

Wouldn't it just be better to leave the thread alone? There's almost always 1 or 2 mods browsing a few of the forums. And if they don't get it now, they'll get it later.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
Wouldn't it just be better to leave the thread alone? There's almost always 1 or 2 mods browsing a few of the forums. And if they don't get it now, they'll get it later.

The amount of forums times number of popular threads being posted in is never near equal to the amount of moderators online. The other members can easily help us out by contacting us.

Not getting it now, will result in what VGS is talking about. More "lock" and pictures of locks, which is post whoring. We want to lock it ASAP before anyone else has a chance to get themselves in trouble.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had a problem with one person telling someone his post is in the wrong place, and I think most of the other mods agree. Also, sometimes the OP or someone else will follow up with a "Why would this be locked blah blah" and someone else will argue...that's fine too, since I'm sure the discussion would probably be taking place through PMs if a mod locked it before the posts happened.

However...any posts that just state what's already been said just bump the post for no reason, and that's just dumb. I once saw a post that somehow went unnoticed for almost a day which consisted of little other than a bunch of people saying "This post will be locked". It would have fallen off the front page if eight or so people had just thought, "Am I saying anything new? No? So I'm posting why?"
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
Nitro wrote:

The amount of forums times number of popular threads being posted in is never near equal to the amount of moderators online. The other members can easily help us out by contacting us.

Not getting it now, will result in what VGS is talking about. More "lock" and pictures of locks, which is post whoring. We want to lock it ASAP before anyone else has a chance to get themselves in trouble.

well there are times when I feel like I'm just being a wanna be mod when I PM a mod to enforce the rules.

Also, I'm on, or at least used to be, all the time. If I PMed a mod everytime I saw something that was questionable, you would hate me. And I don't want to pester anyone.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

8. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrating Groovy Sexfiend wrote:
well there are times when I feel like I'm just being a wanna be mod when I PM a mod to enforce the rules.

Also, I'm on, or at least used to be, all the time. If I PMed a mod everytime I saw something that was questionable, you would hate me. And I don't want to pester anyone.

I'm sure if Remy reads that he'll go.

Damn, that sounds a lot like Phrek.

Unless the moderators have been lying to me all this time, they don't mind. I know I don't, and besides it's our job.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. Don't worry about it. I still do that.

I did it to Phrek twice yesterday. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

10. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if Remy was to tell you how many times I did that to him, you'd get a number like:

at least.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one day, maybe.

Really, PM me if it's one of the boards you normally see me on (Chit-Chat, Consoles, Sims, Other Bemani, Headlines, Site Feedback, various regional boards), or hell, PM me even if it's not. It's two clicks to lock a thread. Not exactly a huge chunk out of my day.
Staff Member
Staff Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you gotta remember that we are here for you. If you find something that's wrong or out of place, lets us know so we can make things better for you.

The mods do our best in catching what we happen upon, but the users as a whole are the best police force on a forum, especially ones that take the initiative and let people who can do something about it know.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: