Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR making me extremely frustrated...

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRXracer
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: DDR making me extremely frustrated... Reply with quote

When I first ordered my Ignition 1.0's from Cypher, I thought I was going to be so happy playing DDR. I was...for about the first week. Then just about every problem ever hit BOTH of my pads and now I can't even pass some songs that I used to AA. The arrows are like women, they just decide to work one day and completely be incompetent on the next. Well it's not even worth explaining all the problems because I have tried everything to make them work.

My question is: Are there any pads under $200 that are very reliable and aren't like women (no offense)? (Excluding building my own)

Is this one good? http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3547824

Catas Passed: a lot
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ddrlegend
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, do not get that pad it is a rip off. Just get one from a website like http://www.buynshop.com/ and then follow the steps that PS2freak gives in the metal pad sticky. That is what I did hope this helps you out.
Pikachelsea
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two soft pads at http://www.redoctane.com, and they've worked pretty well. http://www.levelsix.com has some even better deals; I just got a new pad there with a 1-inch hard foam insert, and it works great... check them out if you're interested.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DDRnIA
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two cheap soft pads. One is a Naki brand I got at EB for $15 and another is just a generic brand from Level Six for $12. I notice they are beginning to bunch up a little at the corners but they hardly slide around. I can't afford to mod them until next Friday. I try to hold off on playing them a lot but its too tempting! Looks like I need to mod soon before the bunching becomes a problem.
View users profile Send private message
Psykoweezel
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The softpads I got from RedOctane were teh suck: every feasible problem hit them after about a month. They were really good about customer service though and shipped me out two new ones real fast. Course it doesnt do any good if the pads are still teh suck disturb.gif :same problems.

Anyways, I got a BNSUSA foam insert pad and never looked back. The raised buttons are a dream.

Course the question is if youre set on getting a hard pad, or if soft will do. The BNS pad is really cheap and really durable, but it isnt hard. If you have to have hard I'd take ddrlegend's advice. Making a pad isnt as hard as it looks. Directions are really easy to follow, and hey, youll learn something doing it.
mrstywall
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use Naki pads, they were great, but then I went to EB! This chick told me not to get that one, get the MADCATZ one! I'm not a big fan of MadCatz, and I'm still not, their pad sucks! Plus it has the silloutte of Brittany Spears! The down button doesn't work anymore and I can't never play DDR, I always get to frustrated! disgust.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madcatz.... you poor soul... E2.gif

What crackhead employee would suggest that thing E19.gif

I had a madcatz, and it broke in 9 days... just completely quit working frown.gif

I've had a naki since, and it's going on 7 months of near flawlessness. Except for the occasional tear since I'm too cheap to buy a cover...
Darkling
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cypher DX's and they're great, especially if you tape them to the floor. I AA'd Holic on double mode like that. I used to have Topway POS that behaved like men and worked for a little while and then sat on the couch and didn't move, occasionally belching. But I'm building my own because I like the arcade a lot and soft pads train this ultra low step that causes me to trip over the bolts and brackets.

"Passengers will please refrain from KILLING MY SOUL!"

-The many crazed utterings of Driver Stu
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AndyFreak457
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude get the red octane Ignition 2.0. That is a great pad! I got 4 A's on Matsuri Japan(heavy) in a row, one after the other
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: