Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Can we please get a spoiler policy in Random Chat?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ni-ban Neko
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Can we please get a spoiler policy in Random Chat? Reply with quote

Some kid who managed to get a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix early dropped a HUGE plot spoiler in the thread I started. I could deal with speculation, but not being spoiled less than 12 hours before the book's release. Can we get some sort of policy that says that any big plot spoilers that are not clearly marked in the topic line with "Spoilers!" or the like within the first two weeks of a book or movie's release get warning points?

It'd be nice if this extended to Non-Music Games, too. . .
Dread Phirate YYS
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand in random chat, but in the game forums you can really live with spoilers since you really have no idea what's going on unless you've played the game and even then you might not know what's going on. But I do understand what you mean.

Radio KoL - The Moxiness Commands YOU!! | Eight New Zones!! Creator of the ORIGINAL DDRFreak Beauty Contest
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone that drops a plot spoiler should be hooked up with a ban, not a couple of warning points. Nothing pisses me off more than knowing the ending to a book/game before I've started it.

Spoilers can easily be marked and anyone that doesn't take the extra effort to do that deserves a kick in the head. disturb.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know having people reply to threads cheers people up, and you might need it considering the dumb poopy head. (yes i DID write poopy, not the censor) ;-p
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone who spoils something big like that for others deserves a banning. Or, like, eight warning points. Because that's not cool.
Mouse
Staff Member
Staff Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take what the guy said too seriously. I won't believe it until I read it myself. (just got the book) and that guy is known to lie about stuff just to get everybody riled up. so don't take it seriously.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yin-Yang Soul (YYS) wrote:
I can understand in random chat, but in the game forums you can really live with spoilers since you really have no idea what's going on unless you've played the game and even then you might not know what's going on. But I do understand what you mean.

I don't mean gameplay stuff, I'm talking about big huge plot stuff - something like the ending of the first disc of FFVII. I think that counts as much as a spoiler as the kid blurting out what he did about Harry Potter.

It's not hard to change the text color and proclaim "Spoilers ahead, highlight this to read it."
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: