Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

wondering about ddr at home...

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loserkid
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: wondering about ddr at home... Reply with quote

hey all, i was wondering for the people who have ddr at home...how much do you guys like it? cause im considering about getting it and 2 dance pads..(too poor for hard pads E2.gif ) so i was wondering if the soft pads are any cool and if they are worth it, and seeing as Konamix is coming out, that ddr'ing at home will be worth it...and still going to the 'cades E4.gif ...so lemme know what you guys think, and maybe which mix is ur fav....peace
View users profile Send private message Send email
Spruchy
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really recommend ddr at home its great practice for you. Heck I went from1 foot to 7 foot cuz of the home version E1.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rydain
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: I love it! Reply with quote

Home is the only place I can play DDR - none of our local arcades have it. In fact, I've never even seen a DDR machine. Anyway, DDR is tons of fun to play at home as long as you get good pads. I have a pair of Red Octane pads with covers, and they work pretty well (although they shift around somewhat). RO pads tend to crumple up without a cover, though, so I wouldn't recommend playing them "bare" unless you just got one and need to stomp it down flat. You might also want to mod a soft pad to flatten it out and make it last longer (see the modding FAQ on this site for details).

As far as our game collection goes, we have USA mix, Disney mix, and 3rd mix. 3rd mix is far and away my favorite - USA mix is decent but doesn't have very many songs, and I'm still cheesed off about paying $45 for Disney mix. (It's OK but not worth that price!)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
metalslime
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing at home is good practice and can go pretty good as long as you mod the pad.
View users profile Send private message
marsman57
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing at home is awesome. It's better with a modded soft pad or if you're like me and build a hard pad.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
ShadowRisae
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing at home can potentially be a much better experience than the arcade. What I mean is, you can easily have a much better setup at home than an arcade machine has (bigger and better TV than the arcade screen, better speakers, etc). I highly enjoy playing at home but the arcade seems like such a chore with all the quarters/tokens, waiting in line, sometimes dirty and/or broken platforms, etc.
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: wondering about ddr at home... Reply with quote

Loserkid wrote:
hey all, i was wondering for the people who have ddr at home...how much do you guys like it? cause im considering about getting it and 2 dance pads..(too poor for hard pads E2.gif ) so i was wondering if the soft pads are any cool and if they are worth it, and seeing as Konamix is coming out, that ddr'ing at home will be worth it...and still going to the 'cades E4.gif ...so lemme know what you guys think, and maybe which mix is ur fav....peace

DDR at home is awesome. It's a great alternative to playing at the arcade(no lines, no tokens), and its eaiser on your feet. And, obviously, it's a total blast.

Yes, soft pads are cool, depending on which ones you get. I own a CypherGames soft pad stuffed with BNS dense foam(but CG carries that type of foam now at rather good prices).

Konamix has been out. I suggest you buy it along with DDRMAX: Dance Dance Revolution if you also own a PS2. If you are able to play imports on your PSX, get your hands on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Mixes. Those three are the best in the bunch on the PSX. If your PS2 can play imports, go for DDRMAX(different from the US release I mentioned earlier) and DDRMAX2. DDRMAX2 has a much larger songlist and Oni Courses, but I prefer DDRMAX over MAX2, mostly because it has some really fun songs, and some songs you wont see anywhere else, like Bye Bye Baby Ballon and Flash In The Night.

And right now, My favorite mix is 5th Mix. Simply fantastic.

If you need more info on Home DDR games, check out my FAQ here.

If you need info on getting your system modified to play imports, check out larrikin's detailed modchip FAQ here.

Have fun.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invest in some duct tape to keep your pad from sliding, and you'll all set.
в
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ddrmax for ps2 and a softpad. The kind of carpet in my basement is good for this because i can attach velcro strips under the pads.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
mebe munky
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have DDR MAX and an Ignition pad for my ps2, and soon to get hookup to my comp. and I love it! It's a great way to practice freestyle and get some great practice on unfamiliar songs at home, and also save some money. One problem is that everytime i go to the arcade i have to readjust to the metal pads b/c it feels really strange, and A WHOLE lot less 'bouncy' than my 1" padded ignition pad ^_-

Into Anime?? Come join us at Anime Academy. Put munky as your referer happy.gif
Munky's Designs
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
EvilDave219
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, I hope you people know that someone bumped this topic up a year and a half after the last post. So...yeah.
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Holy Cow Reply with quote

Shalashaska wrote:
Uh, I hope you people know that someone bumped this topic up a year and a half after the last post. So...yeah.

But this isn't your ordinary bump! Marsman joined DDRFreak almost a year ago but he still has the yellow foot! If you look at the dates, this topic is only a few months older than he is and yet he waited a full year to bump it! Total time warp!

Its interesting to see how many people missed this though. I did. The conversation could've been this year or last year.
TRIPLEG
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes playing at home is fun until you get the japanese MAX2 and your trying to pass maxx unlimited on heavy on a soft pad that WONT STAY STILL then u buy metal pads like 3 cobalt flux's (one for back up u see) but thats basically the only way to go unless u want to mod the heck out of your soft pads then have fun and its a great way to lose wait

ps: to increase ur endurance play paranoia survivor in SANDELS with no socks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: