Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How to make a DM bass pedal that doesn't suck for <$15

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onetwolittleb
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: How to make a DM bass pedal that doesn't suck for <$15 Reply with quote

I finalyl finished it, and while it's not as good as the arcade, it's much better than the lame pedal that came with my topway controller. I'm goign to make a website with pictures and detailed instructions, but I'll give the general gist here.

go to hardware store and buy:

$4 8" gate hinge
$1 1.5" spring with desired give
$1 some sort of metal for the contacts (I used pennies)
$1 3" bolt (and maybe matching nut.)

go to radio shack and buy:

$6 male 1/8" mono cable with unfinished end

Find some craft foam somwhere. ($1)

In the last screw hole of the hinge put the spring between the two hinge parts and splide the bolt in. Now solder the 1/8" jack cable to the contacts and double sided sticky tape them to enough foam so that they touch before the spring prevents the hinge from closing any futher. And you're done.

I've put a block under mine to raise the angle up a bit for my own preference.

This works with my topway, I don't know if the other DM home controllers use the 1/8" jack or not.

I had the wires fatugie because I didn't give enough slack, so you likely want to make sure the wires coming out of the 1/8" can take a bit of bending (nice and flexible).

I'm not the best DM player in the world, but it felt pretty good.

Let me know if you try this and if you have problems.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: