Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Exactly how large is a DX pad?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k//eternal
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Exactly how large is a DX pad? Reply with quote

I think that's what they're called... you know, all those Ignition pads and such... I'm a n00b, so don't mind my idiocy ^_-;

In any case, I don't have much space in my room, and DX pads are supposedly larger... so exactly how large are they? (I need an actual measurement so I can run around my room with a tape measure for a while...)

(My, these forums are slow... takes a really long time to load stuff o_o)
Andreq
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Exactly how large is a DX pad? Reply with quote

K wrote:
I think that's what they're called... you know, all those Ignition pads and such... I'm a n00b, so don't mind my idiocy ^_-;

In any case, I don't have much space in my room, and DX pads are supposedly larger... so exactly how large are they? (I need an actual measurement so I can run around my room with a tape measure for a while...)

(My, these forums are slow... takes a really long time to load stuff o_o)

a DX ?... DDR pad = 33 inch by 33 inch...

and "these forums are slow" comment is not really needed but.... you know...
k//eternal
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm? I'm sorry about the slow forums comment, I guess it was obvious...

I meant those pads with a lot of foam and such, like the Ignition that RedOctane sells. But RedOctane says on their site... 32" by 36 ". Now what I want to know is... is the one Cypher Games sells the same size? And which way is 36" (I'm guessing forward, but I could be wrong)? If it's forward then there's hope yet ^_^
Andreq
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Hm? I'm sorry about the slow forums comment, I guess it was obvious...

I meant those pads with a lot of foam and such, like the Ignition that RedOctane sells. But RedOctane says on their site... 32" by 36 ". Now what I want to know is... is the one Cypher Games sells the same size? And which way is 36" (I'm guessing forward, but I could be wrong)? If it's forward then there's hope yet happy.gif

wait 2 min I going mesure my Topway SOFT pad
brb....

same as you said : 32by36

36 because of the "start" and "select" button and the control box.

so its 32 because its smaller than a "real" (homemade hard pad) and the arrow are smaller.... and the contact unde it is "round"....
so it look like that

./¯¯¯¯¯\ |
|...|¯|...| |
||¯(¯)¯|| 36
|.¯|¯|¯ | |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
---32----

... I hated this pad because when you it the arrow to much in the center it doesnt register, but at the arcade the arrow "round graphic" is on the button so it register....., but now I got my hard platform hehe..

p.s. I was jsut talking about my old crapy soft pad
k//eternal
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah? Alright, thanks ^_^

I won't be getting a hard pad anytime soon, I'm so new I haven't even really started (I've played with a controller before but that's it), so it'll be a while...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: