Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

"post whore"???

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legolas greenleaf
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: "post whore"??? Reply with quote

I find this term very degrading and insulting, and I don't understand .. what's the difference between starting some random thread for fun once in a while and being a "post whore" which I re-itterate that I find it very degrading and mean. I just .. don't want to do anything wrong and I'm sorry if I have..Someone on one of MY threads insinuated that I was a "post whore" yet I saw a post your AIM chatlogs thread and THAT person wasn't getting ripped for "starting a stupid thread" and being a "post whore" what's with this .. thanks. I don't take lightly to being called a "whore" at all, sorry.
Mouse
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a post whore is somebody who "whores" posts you could say. they post meaningless stuff and post just to post, oftentimes they'll go off topic. post whores waste bandwidth. if you start a thread that can actually have some conversation in it and is interesting, it's alright. but if the thread really doesn't have a point, then it's postwhoring.
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the very reason I try not to post unless I really have something to post about .. And I try to be sure that what I post isn't just to use their bandwidth. It's something I need help or am needing tips on something you know? ;_; I hope nobody is mad at me.
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legolas greenleaf wrote:
I hope nobody is mad at me.

No one is mad, we are just making you aware of what the general population thinks, and what is best for the forums.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to play devil's advocate for a moment here...

legolas greenleaf wrote:
This is the very reason I try not to post unless I really have something to post about .. And I try to be sure that what I post isn't just to use their bandwidth. It's something I need help or am needing tips on something you know? ;_; I hope nobody is mad at me.

I went through your posts and tried to figure out where this had happened. As it turns out, it was your *fifth* introduction post to the boards (assuming the Japanese one you edited out was an introduction thread as well):

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7058060&highlight=#7058060

Could I ask how that post - what could at best be considered a silly little rhyming game thread - is something that you "needed help with" or "needed tips on"?

I'm not mad, but as I'm looking at it right now, that *is* the architype of post whoring; when you start a thread just for the sake of starting a thread. Mouse put it very well when she said if it doesn't have a point, it's postwhoring - and I really don't see a point to that particular thread.

And an aside to everyone: please remember that "Random Chat" is not the same as "Pointless Chat".

Last edited by Remy on Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
I'm not mad, but as I'm looking at it right now, that *is* the architype of post whoring; when you start a thread just for the sake of starting a thread. Mouse put it very well when he said if it doesn't have a point, it's postwhoring - and I really don't see a point to that particular thread.

Something to add. Things like:

Quote:
LOL, yeah that's funny

Quote:
Yes, I agree.

and the ever popular
Quote:
me too! (excessive smileys)

Are obvious agree/dissagree phrases, which if not followed by any type of extra point to them, consitutes as "post whoring".
Staff Member
Staff Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
Mouse put it very well when he said ...

I'm a she!!! frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Mouse loves you wrote:
Remy wrote:
Mouse put it very well when he said ...

I'm a she!!! frown.gif

Violet loves you

Prekwenci wrote:
Yes, I agree

laugh.gif laugh.gif there's someone in particular that posts that A LOT in your posts! And I cant help but laugh at that when I see it!!!

(For confidentiality reasons not going to put name)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: