Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Just a suggestion

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Just a suggestion Reply with quote

how about for NORMAL users, they can be basic, trick, and maniac, and the moderators are Challenge members?

because then you could see who the classic users are (hint, Deus ex machina, Skip, vi0let hint)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsh this is actually kewl!! I WANNA BE A MANIAC MEMBER
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

See, we used to have Basic, Trick and SSR.

SSR used to be for uhm... how shall I describe this? Posters who were not mods, but didn't cause and problems, all ways had something interesting to talk about it, provided good input on what they replied and followed the rules. In other words, a 'model' DDR Freak member and getting the SSR status along with it's neat blue foot, was a reward.

:actually likes the blue foot more than the green foot:

This was all fine and dandy UNTIL there were about 5 or 6 SSR members. Then, people who were not SSR members would try to post whore to become one, say that they people who were SSR were suck ups, or people constanly reminded us that they would never be SSR and as such actually acted worse, and a whole lot of other issues that I won't even go into.

SSR as you can tell was done away with.

I don't think the problems changing "Maniac" users to "Challenge" users are not worth the cosmetic changes you are proposing. We already have requirements for becoming Trick. Then people would have to hit another requirement to become Maniac.

It's a nice idea, but it's sorta been done before and well... it just didn't work out as it was intended.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustJeff wrote:
No.

See, we used to have Basic, Trick and SSR.

SSR used to be for uhm... how shall I describe this? Posters who were not mods, but didn't cause and problems, all ways had something interesting to talk about it, provided good input on what they replied and followed the rules. In other words, a 'model' DDR Freak member and getting the SSR status along with it's neat blue foot, was a reward.

:actually likes the blue foot more than the green foot:

This was all fine and dandy UNTIL there were about 5 or 6 SSR members. Then, people who were not SSR members would try to post whore to become one, say that they people who were SSR were suck ups, or people constanly reminded us that they would never be SSR and as such actually acted worse, and a whole lot of other issues that I won't even go into.

SSR as you can tell was done away with.

I don't think the problems changing "Maniac" users to "Challenge" users are not worth the cosmetic changes you are proposing. We already have requirements for becoming Trick. Then people would have to hit another requirement to become Maniac.

It's a nice idea, but it's sorta been done before and well... it just didn't work out as it was intended.

Ok. it was just a suggestion. thanks for the info.

(btw i like your icon And i LOVE your banner! it looks like "Spin the Disc"!)
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Just a suggestion Reply with quote

Ninjitsu wrote:
because then you could see who the classic users are (hint, Deus ex machina, Skip, vi0let hint)

Just look at the join date.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Just a suggestion Reply with quote

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
Ninjitsu wrote:

Just look at the join date.

and to think i mentioned you! WAAAAAA
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this idea has been around for some time. it would be cool to have beginner, basic, trick, maniac and Maniac 2 members (for admins)
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr, I still want a yellow foot.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rufus!
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
Grrr, I still want a yellow foot.

Me too but I think I have alittle too many posts to have a yellow foot
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: