Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Step Mania For X Box

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayinzice
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Step Mania For X Box Reply with quote

Hello im new to the sim thing.
I was serching for x box goodies and saw a page about step x i think it was called a step mania sim for x box. Does anyone know of it or how to get it. There are already lots of emulators and things for x box and when i saw that i was in shock! Some one needs to do this! I still have my psx and will not get rid of it but i really think x box can handle step mania cus it is almost like a pc as far as emulators go. Well anyway im going to take off now if any one knows of this step x thing i relly wanna know about where to get it.
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit iffy about leaving this open. I know there isn't a Stepmania game disc for Xbox. I know there is another DDR game coming out for Xbox. But I have heard something of the sort.

...though if it has to do with hacking. This is getting a Lock2R on it.

People with information, please?
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in an Xbox magazine that a modchipped Xbox can play emulators and stuff... Step X might not be anything like that though.. Theres a program you can buy that lets you legally make games on your PC that work on ps2/Xbox, someone might have made a DDR sim using that?
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Collector
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Stepmania X for XBOX. It's great! But.... It gets buggy after a while. New version to be released soon.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://xport.xb-power.com/

that would be the link biggrin.gif

edit: the site is down, but according to a site online, you can get it from IRC. use irc.relic.com #xboxemu.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if the site is down. Someone mind telling us the basics?
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I thought there would never be a SM for the Xbox...

I know theres a new game coming out for it with Xbox Live Compadibility, but I never knew SM would make something for the Xbox.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: SM XBox Reply with quote

I heard that it was just SM compiled with a mysterious developers kit. No real hacking I don't think unless you have to do something special to make it boot.

I guess it would be just like SM for your computer in the sense that you can go piracy crazy and cheat yourself out of the real game.

I'm sure the XBox live songs and other XBox exclusives are going to be made into SMs in a matter of days. Thats to be expected. But anyone who plays them using SM on an XBox is going to go to Hell. Plain and simple.
View users profile Send private message
Dipstick
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That version of SMX is based off of 3.0f. It's a near-direct port of it, with some things stripped out (like the editor and controller config). It's buggy (it crashes previewing some songs, and the life bar doesn't display properly -- it works fine, but it always looks full). And the actual binaries are illegal to distribute (since they were compiled with an illegally obtained XDK). You have to do some sort of modification to the machine to run SMX, since the binary isn't blessed by Microsoft (until someone cracks their private key, anyway...)

Technic: This version wasn't done by anyone on the SM dev. team (that I know of). Since you mention it, someone has added some X-Box support code in the current revision -- but it doesn't fully work yet.

Catastrophe: Of course that's going to happen (and it's going to be done with DWIs, fool). Hell, you'll probably see the actual downloadable content online for people to manually download to their X-Box. And if playing SM on the X-Box is bad, is it OK to play it on a Dreamcast? (Note: no DC port of SM exists)

-Dippy
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

9. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dipstick wrote:
it works fine, but it always looks full). And the actual binaries are illegal to distribute (since they were compiled with an illegally obtained XDK). You have to do some sort of modification to the machine to run SMX, since the binary isn't blessed by Microsoft (until someone cracks their private key, anyway...

So what this is telling me is that is pretty, illegal. Unless someone decides to PM me later explaining to me how this isn't, no more discussion.

*Clink*
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: