Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Beatmania/HipHopMania Complete Mix sound

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fault
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Beatmania/HipHopMania Complete Mix sound Reply with quote

I looked for an answer to this question for a while, but no-one seems to be able to answer me. Every cabinet of Beatmania Complete MIX or HipHopMania Complete MIX has the worst sound quality I've ever heard from a game that makes you listen to the music. It's scratchy, muffled, the bass is something of an indistinct rumbling, and it generally sounds like someone stabbed the speakers of their sound system and blasted it at maximum volume... But, I'm getting carried away now. Is this just bad luck on the three cabinets I've tried, or is this what makes is 'Complete'? E4.gif ... And, on that note, if it is every BMCM machine, does ALL Beatmania sound like this? I doubt Beatmania would be at all popular if it was, but what do I know?
Clay0K
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may have just been unlucky. Or maybe have high standards?

The 5th Mix I've played had exceptional sound. Pretty loud too. While the bass was nothing compared to a DDR or IIDX machine, keep in mind the cabinet was introduced in 1998!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're unlucky. My Beatmania has good sound :D

Complete mix is the combination of 1st mix, 2nd mix, and 3rd mix, with a few bonus songs added in.
View users profile Send private message
Fault
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay0K wrote:
I think you may have just been unlucky. Or maybe have high standards?

I don't think it's just high standards; the old beat-up Street Fighter II machine right next to it at one of the arcades sounded better... All I want is to be able to identify what song I'm playing. riiight.gif It's frustrating, because I fell in love with the whole beatmania idea on my PC a couple years ago. Way before I heard of DDR, even.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: