Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

To the mods: a letter of appreciation

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poochy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: To the mods: a letter of appreciation Reply with quote

Some members complain about how the mods are unfair, too strict, whatever. Well, I have a newfound respect for our mods when I found out just how great they actually are.

I've started browsing a bunch of other Bemani sites a lot lately, including Bemani Sims Database, BemaniStyle, and some others. Well, one Bemani site (which will remain anonymous) sucks. And you know why? Bad mods. They have childish mods that delete the opposition's posts whenever they get in an arguement. Not to mention that mods aren't supposed to bicker in the first place. They abuse their power, and always think they're right. It's amazing how they think they can do anything just because they're a mod. disgust.gif I'm probably on their blacklist now for not worshipping them.

After watching those guys, I'd say we have superior mods. Our mods stop potential flame wars in their tracks, and never abuse their power. They act as a team, not like a bunch of corrupt communists. None of them bicker. The mods here can manage a site with 10000 members with no problem. These mods are just amazing. I'd just like to say thanks for being such great mods, and keep up the good work! thumb.gif

On a lighter note, if this gets locked right away, I'm going to laugh at the irony. E13.gif

Don't make me mad, I know karate!
(Not to mention a bunch of other Japanese words.)
View users profile Send private message
onoessnaked
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay.

Someone likes us E4.gif

Well, it explains the disappearance
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the real irony is when I get a "Why did you lock my thread?" PM, or a "REMY SUCKS" thread, THAT'S when I know I'm doing a good job. E1.gif

But thanks.
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
"Why did you lock my thread?" PM.

I've gotten one of those.

But yea, the mods here do a way better job than anywhere else. Preofessional like, if it was a profession. (it can make sence)
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
"REMY SUCKS"

Oh no! Remy's gonna lock me!

I couldn't stop laughing when I read that in a sig.
You have asked for infinity and you don't deserve it.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natural Born Hero wrote:
Remy wrote:
"REMY SUCKS"

Oh no! Remy's gonna lock me!

I couldn't stop laughing when I read that in a sig.

I must've missed that. Who's sig was it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember. But he posted a thread about you in this forum(site feedback) and complained. I can't remember if it was locked or deleted.
You have asked for infinity and you don't deserve it.

Mr. Deus
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Remy! Not Remy!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Remy is one of the mods I respect the most because he does his job so well. pre-Remy Chit-Chat and modern Chit-Chat are two different worlds. I used to avoid that forum at all costs because it was full of flame-wars and so many repeat topics. But thanks to Remy I can actually go in there now.

There are only a few other mods I hold in as high esteem.
Humanoid_Typhoon
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the mods do a really good job to, I have only received warning points once and it was because I trully deserved them, I should of read the FAQ and i didn't riiight.gif
devilon
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moderators at DDRFreak are some of the best forum moderators I've encountered... even better than I was in my moderating days (on another site).

I have to give you all MAJOR props for being able to keep on top of the game like you do.
3. When I'm proving them wrong in a hilarious belittling fashion.

I've been here longer than most of you.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have the best mods. ever.
remy is strict *covers head* but he's just a mod. he cant help it! soo but seriously remy is really cool, considering the amount of hate mail he gets.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
12. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

I dont get why Remy has hate mail. After seeing his locking various posts..oh well I guess people can get heated. Anyway how I see it, with a site as big as DDR freak you have to be strict.

With a lot of loose cats running around a master has only a way to see a number of those cats before they stray and get lost.

That's why the mods have to keep a good eye on threads. Not to judge a book by its cover and do their job and lock unnecessary threads.

Anyway keep up the good work
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get some pretty amusing hate mail, all things considered. A smattering (names withheld to protect the guilty):

-I had a user tell me, that since the FAQ says that you only should try to keep your sig under 35k, that meant he could put an 850k animated image in it.

-I had a different user, who had a thread locked after it degenerated into a flamewar try and explain that it shouldn't have been locked because it wasn't his fault, and then finished with "Please don't kill me, I just wanted to say this. I apologise for everything!"

-I had one newbie ask me "Why did you have to go and lock my forum? None of the other forums are locked!"

That's all I've got in my current inbox, anyhow.

People get angry when they have topics locked; they think it's a slight against them as a person. People who aren't familiar with the warning system will get mad when I give them points, often because they aren't aware that they'll just eventually go away if they're good. No matter what I do mod-wise, I tend to make people angry. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing will ever compare to the moderation at The Straight Dope. I don't care how awesome you are - they have 14 moderators that are at least twice as awesome that you ever dreamed about.

But hey, good job anyways biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
15. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Lock your forum? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah things will probably never change amongst the newbies. That's the joy of posting sometimes!
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
Actually, the real irony is when I get a "Why did you lock my thread?" PM, or a "REMY SUCKS" thread, THAT'S when I know I'm doing a good job. E1.gif

Recalls "That asshole XhaD banned me" from several different people.

Back when mods couldn't ban.

Good times. biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmm Reply with quote

Ummmm I have a small question...there are sometimes threads made by people that have absolutely NO SENSE in them what so ever. Like a thread I saw tonight. In DDR Chit-Chat I believe? hehe I'm sleepy so I dont really remember!

Anyway do you guys give warning points to those people if they do it repeatedly? Because honestly guys it's really getting on my nerves.... =/

I know its just a post board but...sometimes I cant help but think to myself that I actually clicked on it and replied to it biggrin.gif
Administrator
Administrator

18. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmmmm Reply with quote

Rirakkusu Makura wrote:
In DDR Chit-Chat I believe? hehe I'm sleepy so I dont really remember!

Maybe this one?
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64617
Because it's a favorite song thread in disguise?

Anyway, people get bored and make things they think are cool or funny, or dumb. Quite frankly, I am not a fan of a post whore thread. Like the What is your Paranoia Mix? in DDR Chit-Chat. Which will create replies with no good information out of them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
Nothing will ever compare to the moderation at The Straight Dope. I don't care how awesome you are - they have 14 moderators that are at least twice as awesome that you ever dreamed about.

But hey, good job anyways biggrin.gif

Aw, come on, Deus. I'd put up Remy against Alphagene any day. E15.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: