Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Light7 to 7Key overnight? WTF?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[KNKI] MAXXasphyxiation
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Light7 to 7Key overnight? WTF? Reply with quote

About a week ago, I sat down to play BeatmaniaIIDX on Light7, like usual. I'd only passed about half the songs, if that. Chris (cmcm) told me to try some songs I've been having trouble with, because that makes you get better at it. So, that's what I did. Surprisingly, there's only three songs I haven't passed on Light7 now - Regulus, Love Is Dreaminess, Abyss. I passed everything but these in a period of about 2 days. w00t.
Has this happened to anyone else?

BTW, I play lowspeed1, lowspeed2, normal speed, and hispeed1.

email
livejournal
AIM: MAXXasphyxiation
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
GD-Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really surprising. But good job anyway. Don't be fooled though, some L7 songs are harder than other 7key songs. Freestyle 7 key is a 6, and I passed it with ease... Get on Beat (Wild Style) L7 is a 5, as is The Strong Jaeger L7... I've never beaten either.
Gee, the One thing that FrUstrates me the most is when i see a sCreenname or sentence lacKing anY Ordinary rUles foR SpElling and capitaLization. Funny that very few actually have a rhyme or reason behind their methods.
View users profile Send private message
~Enigma of TFF/TSOCP~
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone thinks Strong Jaeger [L7] is so tough. I pass it every time I play it on HS3, you just have to know the patterns and the song itself. It's really just repetition of the same basic note patterns. Cause it's just a remix of the much easier Theme of Denjin J. It may not be tought on [L7], but it's a monster on [7K]. I can't raise above 45% for most of the song, and that's on a good day.

~Peace~

Ash - "DMX is more like a don't suck attack"
Mel. B - "I'd gladly drink a cup of her bathwater any day"
Anonymus - Well... he IS half asian.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
gs68
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo [7] is 7* and is noticibly easier than G2 [L7], which is a 6-star. disturb.gif
GD-Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Enigma of TFF~ wrote:
I don't know why everyone thinks Strong Jaeger [L7] is so tough. I pass it every time I play it on HS3, you just have to know the patterns and the song itself. It's really just repetition of the same basic note patterns. Cause it's just a remix of the much easier Theme of Denjin J. It may not be tought on [L7], but it's a monster on [7K]. I can't raise above 45% for most of the song, and that's on a good day.

~Peace~

What seems to be the problem? There are barely 70 more notes on 7 key. I've played both, and The Strong Jaeger 7 key seems almost identical to the L7.
Gee, the One thing that FrUstrates me the most is when i see a sCreenname or sentence lacKing anY Ordinary rUles foR SpElling and capitaLization. Funny that very few actually have a rhyme or reason behind their methods.
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXACTLY my thoughts... I beat Strong Jaeger 7-key FAR before I beat Denjin J 7-key. Now when I go back to Strong Jaeger L7, it is almost a joke... and I nearly FC it. On 7key it only has a few extra notes... and the end is IDENTICLE(and if not, it's so damn close, there is no way your bar shouldn't get up to 100% if you can beat it L7). But, yes, Strong Jaeger L7 has got to be one of the top 10 hardest songs on L7. Safari, I am afraid, is stuck at #1 for hardest(finally got my A on it like 2 weeks ago). Phew. 59 AA's, 2 AAA's, and 8 A's on L7 for 6th style... Sooooooo close with Strong Jaeger... yet, so far. ;_;
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G2 [2%] wrote:
Buffalo [7] is 7* and is noticibly easier than G2 [L7], which is a 6-star. disturb.gif

Are you serious? I beat G2 7key only slightly after I beat Buffalo 7key... and G2 is a flashing 7. X_x I guess it just shows how people can vary in many different ways in thinking what is difficult with IIDX. =/

~edit~ It may also help that G2 is my second favorite song in IIDX... Sync being my favorite... I'm still freaking 6 Expoints away from a AAA on that song for L7... GAH!!!

And I almost forgot

MASasphixiation: It's awesome, isn't it? I love it when sudden boosts of skill seem to just erupt over night. I don't know how to explain the phenominon... but it certainly is delightful when you start playing, and can finally figure out how to do a song you've been working on for a long time! I made the jump almost to 7 key... I still can't beat Hyper Boundary Gate, or about 5 7stars, and all but one flashing 7... (so I have like 16 more songs to clear on 7key on 6th style)... but, just a month ago I was struggling with Take it Easy on L7, and Safari was a 2%er!
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Enigma of TFF~ wrote:
I don't know why everyone thinks Strong Jaeger [L7] is so tough. I pass it every time I play it on HS3

How do you fare with no mods? Is it passable for you then? I have a little trouble clearing it on 7keys or light7 with Normal play, but HS-1 and above and it's a cake walk.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenma Gou Xiayu wrote:

How do you fare with no mods? Is it passable for you then? I have a little trouble clearing it on 7keys or light7 with Normal play, but HS-1 and above and it's a cake walk.

i don't know about you, but I've never tried The Strong Jaeger on anything slower than HS4. I mean, why? ;-)
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are modes faster than HS4? Heh...

Any song without a speed multiplier = disaster for me. Heh...
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal wrote:
i don't know about you, but I've never tried The Strong Jaeger on anything slower than HS4. I mean, why? ;-)

It's bad enough that I have to use two hands to clear this song consistently, so I figured I would stop giving myself so many breaks and try Normal play to see how I would fare, and that made it more difficult for me. For some reason, this song is a real drain on my right hand when I try it one handed.

Hyper Boundary Gate however, seems to deal me pain regardless of speed modifiers or two hands. I don't know what it is about that song that prevents me from clearing it consistently.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't clear it at all... I know exactly what it is, too many hits with my left hand in a row. My left hand is practically retarded... and I can't play single-handedly at all... I suck at IIDX. =D
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal wrote:
Tenma Gou Xiayu wrote:

This was the first 7 key song I ever passed and I'm pretty sure I passed it on HS3. Lately, I've gotten more into using HS4, though some songs have too high BPMs for me to even think of HS4 and sometimes, HS3 like Take it Easy and 250BPM.

I always use speed mods and never play with less than HS2 on with any song.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know.. I haven't tried, but Take it easy looks rather uncomforable with anything but HS1.

:S
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivaldi Amuro wrote:
I don't know.. I haven't tried, but Take it easy looks rather uncomforable with anything but HS1.

I agree. Take It Easy one anything above HS-1 is way too fast for my slow processing mind. I'll just stick with HS-1, and leave all the other speeds to you experts E1.gif.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Xiayu wrote:
Vivaldi Amuro wrote:

I agree. Take It Easy one anything above HS-1 is way too fast for my slow processing mind. I'll just stick with HS-1, and leave all the other speeds to you experts E1.gif.

I use HS2 whenever I play it... I nearly AA'd the L7 last time I played. I would recommend playing songs at higher speeds until you are comfortable with it... because I guarantee if you can be comfortable with HS2 with Take it Easy you will score much better.
Dross
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use HS3 on anything below 100bpm, HS2 on anything below 170, HS1 on anything below below 250, and no mod on anything above. I have cleared Sakura and MAX300 with no speed mod.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not let this turn into a(nother) "I use this mod for this fast" topic, K?
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: