Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How do you transport (or carry) your metal pad?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlimySlim
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: How do you transport (or carry) your metal pad? Reply with quote

How do you lug around your metal pad?

I have a MyMyBox metal pad that's attached to a slab of particle board, and it's pretty heavy! (around 70 lbs.) I've been trying to figure out the best way to move it since I need to tuck it away when I'm not using it. Also if I bring it to a friend's house it can get kind of clunky. Picking it up by the board's edges kind of hurts my hands (the particle board isn't very friendly).

Any ideas for cases, handles, whatever? I'll put a pic up later today if that helps.

Extra bonus points if you can find a way to store my playstation along with the pad.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
ShadowRisae
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I have 2 Cobalt Flux platforms. I put 1 underneath the couch and 1 underneath the love seat when not in use. That'll change when I install my doubles kit soon. I'll probably just slide them to the corner of the living room. As for taking them over a friend's house... I don't. If they want to use my CFs or play 1 of the Japanese mixes, they come to my apartment. If they want to play 1 of the US mixes, I go over one of their houses (and they all have soft pads so it's tough getting used to the sliding again). riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very carefully.

I have a nice big slice in my finger thanks to my CF pad, heh.
I just lift it up, since the CF pad is fairly thin, only about 30 pounds, which is mainly thanks to the nice piece of wood that consists of 90% of the weight.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowRisae wrote:
I don't know. I have 2 Cobalt Flux platforms. I put 1 underneath the couch and 1 underneath the love seat when not in use. That'll change when I install my doubles kit soon. I'll probably just slide them to the corner of the living room. As for taking them over a friend's house... I don't. If they want to use my CFs or play 1 of the Japanese mixes, they come to my apartment. If they want to play 1 of the US mixes, I go over one of their houses (and they all have soft pads so it's tough getting used to the sliding again). riiight.gif

How much does the Cobalt Flux weigh? I've thought of buying them to get the real DDR experience from the CF than the other pads out there. Does it improve your scores alot?
shinobier
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

around 40+ lbs.
ShadowRisae
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
How much does the Cobalt Flux weigh? I've thought of buying them to get the real DDR experience from the CF than the other pads out there. Does it improve your scores alot?

Yes, it improves your scores a lot. I've never had ghost stepping problems, it doesn't really move (yes, it still moves a little but not enough to notice, even on a cata), it allows for sliding... I highly recommend it if you can afford the high price.
DuffMan_
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only move my CF from my room to my computer and back. I leave it in the center of my room and cover it with my old Mad Catz soft pad. It works good to block dust, prevent scratches, and guard against spills. The CF weighs 45 pounds, not that heavy. If I was gonna lug it around somewhere, jsut put it in the trunk or something.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't have one then I never carry it tongue.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: