Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New DDR pad designShould I have em made comertialy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzzilywaz
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argutiae Phrek wrote:
Spike wrote:
He never said anything about it plugging in to the machine E10.gif

That's a very minor technical detail. I'm sure the masking tape comes with an AC adapter.

Oh come on, the masking tape wouldn't have an AC adapter, it'd be USB. Then you could plug it into your Palm pilot and have hours of dancing fun.

Not to insult the product, but I'm skeptical until I see pictures. PM me with this supposed website's URL. blink.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ddjerk
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just writing to say that, like everyone else, i have my doubts. I mean every pad is gunna eventually wear out. Its just the matter of time in which it does
Im not trying to be a jerk or any thing but i too would like to see pictures. Ive seen 5 sets of pads in my day. each one lasting longer than the last and now i have modded metal pads and they are still goin.
All in All it sounds too good to be true. that why everyone is so skeptical. I think that its a sweet idea and if it is true i cant wait til they hit the market E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
DDRkrazy
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is optical technoligy available to the public to that extent? thats quite an elaborate design. 60 bucks, hell no,

but that would be phat as hell! projected pad,
hyperjer
Basic Member
Basic Member

43. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Sorry for the wait Reply with quote

Sorry for the wait on the website and photos, I've been realy busy with school, and sick recently, and now my alergies are makeing things even more tougher. Im not shure if my friend will fallow through with the webspace. Any one know If an aol acount webspace could handle a lot of bandwith? if so or not i might just use that as it may be quicker in the long run.
View users profile Send private message
Psychesoft
Basic Member
Basic Member

44. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry for the wait Reply with quote

hyperjer wrote:
Sorry for the wait on the website and photos, I've been realy busy with school, and sick recently, and now my alergies are makeing things even more tougher. Im not shure if my friend will fallow through with the webspace. Any one know If an aol acount webspace could handle a lot of bandwith? if so or not i might just use that as it may be quicker in the long run.

what u n3d is a biz pan, i will mnge your biz for you for 200k / year USD , including all services , online etc.. But I decide what to do w/ profit and if that means 0% to you, then 2 bad.

Intended for satire.
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

45. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Geocities site so we can atleast see the pad. If you get people to actually believe you spend the money on a .com and run the business from there.
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsut want to say that this post is really "stupid" because anybody can write "I got the best idea of the world do you want to buy it and then I tell you what is it"... and not sending it(or not having anything) like a dumn idiot on ebay (he got caught biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif)
Trylan (Another)
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJPhunk_infinity wrote:
optics - as in light

picture a thrown image on your floor of a DDR pad that wasn't really there....

picture stepping in those areas projected onto your carpet or floor

picture arrows moving in sync to your foot that just broke the laser projection

no moving parts other than the focus lens that projects the image (if that's the design) otherwise, it's just floor area and your foot breaks the line of the laser and triggers the switch which = a button press.

Yeah, that would totally work. I've seen keyboard designs that work just like that, and are really really cool E1.gif
And since theres no sensors, theres no time between when you step and when it registers the arrow.
djdtalongrl79
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this idea follows through, then I would be in line to get one as well. But why has it taken so long? By now, if this product were real and not a scam, you could have postd some pics on here and at least tell us if its metal/plastic... why leave so much in the dark if it was a real product? I have a wierd feeling that this is a complete fake. Just post some pics already or at least give us an idea!! don't leave us in the dark here...
DJ D
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
djdtalongrl79
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And still, no answer....very suspicious...
DJ D
revolutionZERO
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think the light thing is a good idea. if the projector is on your tv, how u light up the down arrow which would be behind you? and if the projector was above, then the second u move ur foot in front of the light it registers and u don't even have to step. so then u could play with your hands by waving them through the light. and also u don't get that aracde clickity button feel when ur stepping on the floor.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Hyperjer's Pad Reply with quote

Does anyone else think that Hyperjer just thinks hes smart because he figured out how to soulder four photogates to a Playstation controller? Photogates do have all of the properties Hyperjer advertised.

For anyone who thinks this may be a good idea, try playing PPP with your feet.
N.N.T. Barton '1080 ~IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds neat and all but i dont think it will work without severial sensorsfrom various angles... more then likly this pad will be too sensitive and not alow for Freestyling as mutch... no c-walking...

PRIMARY VIVID NNTB beatmaniaIIDX Ver.012
The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
statikeffeck
Basic Member
Basic Member

53. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do, make sure you patent it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the kind of guy who's made A LOT of finnancial (did I spell that right?) mistakes in my life due to a LACK of skepticism.

I'm even skeptic.........

Maybe the design would belike a PPP on the floor, but under $60 for that??? NO WAY E19.gif

Last edited by Geneity X on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total
eddi.
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPP on the floor? how would you do the fast LRLRLRLR patterns where you bearly move your feet?
DreamCrafter
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie. wrote:
PPP on the floor? how would you do the fast LRLRLRLR patterns where you bearly move your feet?

o.O What do you mean by that? I have the home version and the sensors are layed on the floor. o_O O_o o_O O_o O_O o_O O_O o_O O_o o_O O_o

okkkkkkayy.. Leaving now.
hyperjer
Basic Member
Basic Member

57. PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: info to be released soon Reply with quote

Im going to try to get a website soon,... but I have no time being that finals are soon, schools ending, sats, and I broke my middle toe on my right foot, need to get more parts fron digikey as i blew some sensors out by plugging them in backwards. and there are just a few more bugs that need to be steped on.
CCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the optics thing this reminded me of a project my friends and I thought of, where a DDR pad could be emulated through motion detection technology. (Patent pending, patent pending!! j/k E10.gif) However, this would require a LOT of software work, some AI implementation, and good specs on whatever computer you run this on, and would probably not be that feasible unless you can really optimize it well. However, after seeing that there's actually physical sensors, I'd say Catastrophe's idea sounds closer. Although, how much do those photogates cost?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: