Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Why do my pads suck? (Please Help)

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDoRk
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Why do my pads suck? (Please Help) Reply with quote

I bought my ddr kanomix + 2 "ignition pads" on ebay...of course I should've asked if they were red octane or the ones that are second best, because these are bottom of the line ignition pads! The sensors work fine, they can sense up, down, left, and right perfectly. For some reason, although, it does not like me pressing two buttons at the same time. Has anyone ran across this problem and knows how to fix it (other than going out and buying REAL ignition pads). I kept them thinking they would eventually wear in (they were brand new) within a week or so and it's almost been a year and i barely ever play anymore because I don't have pads that register double steps. Thanks for your time guys.

~Ben~
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really the only thing that could be causing it would be the controller circuitry inside the pad itself. The actual PCB is usually in the plastic box where the cord comes out. It might be possible to replace it with the controller from a different pad, but I've never really tried it, and it would likely involve a bit of soldering.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

2. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you playing on a dreamcast by any chance. If you are thats your problem right there.
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: ps one Reply with quote

No, i'm on a ps one (not the cute little new ones, one of the orriginal models, i think it's the second one (after they changed the a/v cables into a propriatory cable, damn sony has a thing for makin their stuff profriatory) Any more suggestions?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DDoRk
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: one more thing Reply with quote

one thing that i've come to realize is that when i slide from an arrow to a double step (kind of like if i'm doing a running man kind of thing) it will register both arrow, other wise it doesn't work unless (and it's uaually a one out of 3 chance) i jump up in the air and then slam my feet down onto the pad. I really need some help here, i don't want to have to buy new pads!
EXtremeAzVisionBro
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup something is wrong inside ur pad like mine.
if its non slip pad u can do this :

first, put cardboard on the bak of the pad
2nd, u have to rip the stupid pad up in the front
3rd flip the pad bak and type the cardboards together.

the reason u need to rip the front pad is bc the stupid plastic stuff is stuck to the pad or something.

and then reason that u need to type the pad to a cardboard is that, when playing a high hard level, u will feel comfortable when jumping.

if not, u will be sorry...
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Leaving crumbs much too small for the other Whos' mouses
6. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXtremeAzVisionBro wrote:

the reason u need to rip the front pad is bc the stupid plastic stuff is stuck to the pad or something.

and then reason that u need to type the pad to a cardboard is that, when playing a high hard level, u will feel comfortable when jumping.

Am I the only one who didn't understand a word of what he just said?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
paperclip1337
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie 0_o wrote:
EXtremeAzVisionBro wrote:

Am I the only one who didn't understand a word of what he just said?

No, I didn't get it at all. E19.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: