Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Beatmania Appends question

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexMax
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Beatmania Appends question Reply with quote

I have a PSX with a boot cd that plays imports, a PS-XChange 2.0 that can put in anti-mod codes. It's worked before so I can play DDR 5th mix.

My question is, can I play any beatmania append mixes with it by putting in ALL the anti-mod codes in at the start (before I swap out the PS-XChange 2.0 for the first import CD) and just swapping like normal when I need to swap discs?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 99% sure this has been asked in the Official Beatmania Thread.

If not, ask there, and an answer thou shalt recieve. Probably.
View users profile Send private message Send email
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've run appends with my game enhancer style boot method, and here's how it works. Keep in mind that you will have to do a quick swap of a spinning disc.

1. Start your boot method of choice, and enter any unprotect codes you'll need for both games.
2. Boot the key disc you will use to load the append.
3. Select disc swap.
4. The disc will stop spinning. Replace it with a local disc (not the append - yet.)
5. Lift and release your lid switch spring so it recognizes the new disc.
6. Let the local CD spin for about 10 to 15 seconds so the US region data will be loaded.
7. As gently as is humanly possible, pop off the US disc and drop your append in place.
8. Hit start.

If the disc stops again and the game stays at the disc swap screen, try again, but leave the US disc spinning longer. I usually have that problem when I don't give it time to read the region data. It looks like a lot of steps, but if you give it one try, you'll realize it's super simple. Unless you're Bonus Edit swapping from Arcade Disc to Gottamix to Something else. ;-)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relocking. I temp-unlocked it for davidbrit2 in exchange for sexual favors.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: