Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Please stop locking threads randomly

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Please stop locking threads randomly Reply with quote

Um, maybe this goes in site feedback, but can you stop locking IIDX threads? The official IIDX thread is a wasteland and I like having separate, focused topics so we can follow multiple threads of discussion, rather than just having one mass of annoyingness which is hard to make reference to or hold any sort of concrete discussion in. It just wanders aimlessly forever, and any comments more than a page or so back are lost to the ages.

Basically your board is inherently defective in that threads cannot diverge, so everything must follow linearly. The easiest way of coping with this flaw is to create multiple threads to talk about different subjects, and you're taking this away, making IIDX into one giant linear discussion of retardedness.

Stop it.
View users profile Send private message
G-Dragon
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN.

Most new people are intimidated by the post packed threads so they don't go to them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*psst* I think this will be locked soon...
I think this should have gone in site feedback...am I right?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madek
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you pinky scratch

my pinky is too small
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whycantigetausername wrote:
*psst* I think this will be locked soon...
I think this should have gone in site feedback...am I right?

Sure, so no one relevant to the discussion at hand besides CStarflare and I can read the thread and comment. Makes perfect sense to me! ;-)

-Crystal
Whycantigetausername
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....CStarflare is a moderator for this forum section, so it does for me.
And think of it this way also. More threads about IIDX, that would be answered in one or 2 posts uses bandwidth, and server space, where posting it in the one that is allready there uses less of each...
Or, how about the possibilty of a IIDX sticky for help, and one for accomplishments(sp?).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Please stop locking threads randomly Reply with quote

Crystal wrote:
Um, maybe this goes in site feedback, but can you stop locking IIDX threads? The official IIDX thread is a wasteland and I like having separate, focused topics so we can follow multiple threads of discussion, rather than just having one mass of annoyingness which is hard to make reference to or hold any sort of concrete discussion in. It just wanders aimlessly forever, and any comments more than a page or so back are lost to the ages.

Basically your board is inherently defective in that threads cannot diverge, so everything must follow linearly. The easiest way of coping with this flaw is to create multiple threads to talk about different subjects, and you're taking this away, making IIDX into one giant linear discussion of retardedness.

Stop it.
I would have PMed a mod or something...this thread actually deserves to get locked E7.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PM'ed mods about individual threads. They've reopened some--well CStarFlare hasn't ever, but in any case it deserves to be a public discussion so we can see if other people feel the same way ;p Can we get over the metadiscussion and get back to my topic ;p
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure...

What threads has he locked? I don't see any E19.gif

Nevermind I do...all of them seem pretty irrelevant to me and needed to be locked
Administrator
Administrator

9. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal makes some valid points. However, I would like to take this discussion off-line.

- Adam
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: