Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Annoying..

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Annoying.. Reply with quote

Yes! I just passed DXY! [L7], Colors (Radio edit) [L7], and Frozen Ray [L7]..

..but I still can't pass dissolve [L7]?

What's going on here? I can AA every other 4 Star song on L7, but for some reason this song just kills me. The end always puts me back in the 4-20% range.

Anybody have any suggestions, besides using Beginner Mode? (already tried that)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep playing it until you can beat it. It did the same thing to me when I was starting out... It's just got some strange concepts, and until you can figure out how to hit those kind of sequences, you probably won't clear it. I suggest trying other songs, keep playing harder stuff... then after each new, harder, song you clear, go back and try Dissolve again. I'm sure Nemesis will give you the same trouble.

By the way, have you ever tried Hyper Boundary Gate? It's rated 6 stars on 7-key, and I still can't clear it... I've cleared about 10 other 7stars, but I can't clear HBG. What does this tell you? Don't look at the rating for the song to get an idea of its difficulty. Every person who plays IIDX has different strongsuits, and different weaksuits(very much more spread out than DDR)... Just because the majority of players at Konami decided it to be a certain difficulty level, doesn't mean that you will be able to clear it just like any other song from that difficulty level. Like I said, HBG is the last 6star I have to clear on 7key, and I can clear quite a few 7star songs; song rating tells nothing for the most part... also, try Strong Jaeger; I believe that is only rated a 5-star on L7... See how fun that is.

Bottom line, don't judge a song by it's rating.

While this help thread is up... does anyone have a specific method of clearing B4U 7key (I only have 6th style)? I have come so close to clearing it on a few occassions, but the end always drops me from 100% to below 80. Any suggestions on what to do (other than Training, or drill mode... I've done everything with the first two drill sets... well, 94% done with the second drill set.) Do you guys play it with one hand or something? I can't seem to nail both the keys and the numerous amounts of scratches at the same time... X_x If I put it on auto-scratch, it would be an easy clear... But... ugh, the scratches are crazy!
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinker around with Random. That's always the first solution to "I'm so close, yet SO FAR!" situations.

Other than that, try ignoring the last few scratches. If you hit all the other notes, it may be enough to keep you above 80%.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally passed it! On easy.
E2.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceredigm wrote:
I finally passed it! On easy.
E2.gif

Easy mode is worthless... But, I am almost positive that you will clear it on normal play within the next few days. Chances are, now that you've used easy to clear it... you'll try some harder songs now, and then when you come back, you will be like, "Wow, this used to be really hard... now I finish with 100% life".
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissolve is kind of a pain in the buttocks for a beginner. It has a lot of weird off-beat patterns.

Just keep practicing it, you'll get it down.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampage wrote:
Dissolve is kind of a pain in the buttocks for a beginner. It has a lot of weird off-beat patterns.

Just keep practicing it, you'll get it down.

Word
gs68
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs to be 5 stars. I was able to pass R5 [L7] before Dissolve.

Don't get me started with B4U [L7].
View users profile Send private message
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G2 wrote:
It needs to be 5 stars. I was able to pass R5 [L7] before Dissolve.

Don't get me started with B4U [L7].

Yeah, totally... Ugh.

I still say the most misleading is Strong Jaeger though. they call it 5 stars, and it has like 850-some notes.
gs68
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even worse, it's labeled as a 4-star in 8th Style. WHAT KIND OF 4-STAR HAS MORE THAN 600 NOTES?!
View users profile Send private message
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just passed B4U and Absolute [L7], and it's like something just clicked, because now I can finish both of them with 100% all the time. Overall, good progress today. Dissolve is much easier now also.

However, now I can't seem to come close to passing Colors and Frozen Ray again.

Strong Jaeger.. good lord. I didn't try it in Arcade Mode, but I took a look at it in Training Mode and almost seizured on the controller. Let's just say it'll be a WHILE before I can pass that one.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceredigm wrote:
I just passed B4U and Absolute [L7], and it's like something just clicked, because now I can finish both of them with 100% all the time. Overall, good progress today. Dissolve is much easier now also.

However, now I can't seem to come close to passing Colors and Frozen Ray again.

Strong Jaeger.. good lord. I didn't try it in Arcade Mode, but I took a look at it in Training Mode and almost seizured on the controller. Let's just say it'll be a WHILE before I can pass that one.

Good job. You'll be able to do Colors and Frozen ray pretty easily soon... just keep going. Have you done all the drills in the first set yet? I would recommend doing all of those if you haven't yet. E13.gif

Yeah, 7key is pretty much raping me. 19 songs I can't clear... though, a few of those are around 70% range. Still. Haha, I tried every Another song today... HAHAHAHAH, I passed 20 total. Man, I suck! Hahaha... though, many of them, like Big Voyager, kill me right at the end... which seems to be a trend for Konami. Put a slew of notes right at the end, so if you are at 100%, it's easy as pie to fall below 80% if you make one slip. I love the 78% finishes... Makes me wonder how much longer I'll go before cracking my controller... seems like it's held up quite well so far with my fist beatings when I fail a song at the end... =D woo hoo!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: