Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The mystery of DDRMAX 6th Mix...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: The mystery of DDRMAX 6th Mix... Reply with quote

Hi, Does anybody know why there are so few DDRMAX 6th Mix machines out there? I have only seen 1 (in las vegas last summer) and when I look around the machine locations page, there are barely any in existance it seems. I love 6th mix, it is what got me hooked on DDR in the first place. I just want to know why there are so few machines out there? Does any know?...or at least have a good guess?

Thanks
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably cuz their the least popular (or so i hear)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song list on it is really good in my opinion...I can't really see why people would not like it. And the DDRMAX interface is awesome too.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

except like 3, all of the songs where on max2 plus a whole bunch of new ones and oni's, so most places upgraded.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
4. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZotTower wrote:
The song list on it is really good in my opinion...I can't really see why people would not like it. And the DDRMAX interface is awesome too.

The song list is also the shortest list behind 1st and 2nd Mix, which just sucks. That, and as Flux pointed out, all but five songs from Max are on Max2, and Telephone Operator ended up on Extreme. There's no Long Versions, no nonstop, no Oni, nothing to make Max standout other than MAX300.

So as far as mixes go, I pretty much think Max sucks. E15.gif Although Ciaratha knows I'd take it any day over the messed up 2nd Mix we have in Athens....
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6th had some hard songs too...

The songs I miss are BBBB, and flash in the night, and fantasy (good version!)

But overall, it had a weak (and short) songlist, max2 was SUPPOSEDLY better, even though I hated it, and extreme just owns everything, so 6th mix machines are kinda rare now
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
junkiemailie2000
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno,it was a pretty quiet time when 6th Mix was released.
View users profile Send private message Send email
bu_dnlr]ecuaznstyle[
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye Bye Baby Balloon = your God.
Administrator
Administrator

8. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
fantasy (good version!)

And we have the bad version on 7th and 8th?
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
The songs I miss are BBBB, and flash in the night, and fantasy (good version!)

Ummm....Fantasy is still on both Max2 and Extreme. Both Max2 and Extreme have Fantasy(from Max1) and Fantasy(from Max2)...
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, my mistake, and I was refering to the fantasy by Mellisa, I overlooked that, sorry
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
gs68
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'd like to point out that 6thMIX has NO IIDX SONGS. It doesn't even have 5-key Beatmania songs.

BM ports, counting remixes, have appeared in DDR since 3rdMIX.
View users profile Send private message
David XLIII
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really when 6th mix came out i imported it for ps2 and at first i hated because all the songs were new and didnt have any of my favorite songs but after a while i started to like the mix......but people are right it had a short song list and when max2 came out it blew max out of the water because it pretty much had all the songs max had and more .......the reason many people upgraded thier machines
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Maistorm
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Konami decided to go with the idea of only having new songs on the mix, the result was a pathetically short songlist (totalling in at..27?). Max2 had 95% of the songs on Max, as well as a large amount of new songs and songs from older mixes, AND Oni courses. Extreme is Extreme.

Therefore, Max sucks. Which is why I hate Birmingham.
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max does have some of the best music. But the short song list, and the lack of other features makes it shitty. I'd take almost anything over a max machine because of that.
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally liked the 6th Mix despite the lack of Long Version songs, Nonstop, Onis and songs but it was okay I think. It didn't have much J-Pop as I would like but more of techno, trance and euro stuff I think. I miss BBBB and Flash In The Night and wish they were on EX, I didn't understand why it didn't make it? E2.gif

To answer your question, lack of the things I mentioned. And not many people liked it and like every old machine like from 1st-3rd you won't see many around. You'll see more of MAX 2 and EX by this year is over....
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
16. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

I LOVED 6th Mix...

-FOllow Me
-Bye Bye Baby Balloon

*Sigh those songs kicked serious buttocks

6th mix also opened up the lengths to many things that led to the DDR it is today.

R.I.P. DDR Max
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

Vi0LeT wrote:
6th mix also opened up the lengths to many things that led to the DDR it is today.

R.I.P. DDR Max

How did 6th mix open up many things? It introduced getting to the secret options screen before playing your song. It was DDR MAX 2 that opened up Nonstop/Oni courses I think. confused.gif

Last edited by Trance Of Sorrow on Sun May 11, 2003 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total
ver314
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a way it reminded me of ddr 1st mix

I'm not sure if Max one said this but the quote states "We're starting all over again!"

Meaning they wanted to get rid of all their old songs and start w/ new ones. that's probably one of the reason the list was so short.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a great mix but not in the arcade, the home version rocked because it didn't have that many less songs than the other mixes at home. The whole starting over thing was pretty much saying the whole idea is being completely changed, adding freeze arrows, no more character selection, better graphics, a more IIDX style video system, the list goes on. The problem is with all these great changes, they still made it only have 30 songs. Also another nail in MAX's coffin was Max2's release only months after, and everything have upgraded to be better in Max2, including bringing in ONI, although Nonstop won't be brought back until Extreme.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: