Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New DDR pad designShould I have em made comertialy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperjer
Basic Member
Basic Member

20. PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. soon I will have a webpage with full details. and yes it will plug into a ps1 and ps2 and works even better with a computer... Im olny going to say one thing else before the website goes up soon on a high bandwidth server, and that is optics.
View users profile Send private message
`pr0digy
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperjer wrote:
Ok. soon I will have a webpage with full details. and yes it will plug into a ps1 and ps2 and works even better with a computer... Im olny going to say one thing else before the website goes up soon on a high bandwidth server, and that is optics.

Optics eh ? Actually does sound like a pretty cool idea tongue.gif You have to give people pictures/technical details/etc before asking if they'd buy something though E13.gif.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

`pr0digy wrote:

He never asked anyone to buy them, merely asked your opinion... If your going to bash someone, at least do it right E13.gif BTW, your pro-war sig sucks riiight.gif

Some people agree with the war. Get used to it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Lipsky wrote:
`pr0digy wrote:

He never asked anyone to buy them, merely asked your opinion... If your going to bash someone, at least do it right E13.gif BTW, your pro-war sig sucks riiight.gif

Some people agree with the war. Get used to it.

Some people are freaking morons... er... I'll shut up before I get banned riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optical sounds way cool. I wouldnt' buy one because I have a CF already and like having the feed back of the physical arrow depressing bellow me.

I think I agree with the other people. you need to find some people who will test it for you, giv eyou feed back and give reviews. There might be things that you haven't though of like, the ease of setting it up, etc.

If I were still using soft pads and had to replace my soft pad, I would definately consider something optical, since you're right, it won't wear out.
Andy the happy mod-man
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

`pr0digy wrote:

Some people are freaking morons... er... I'll shut up before I get banned riiight.gif

Good choice.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hyperjer
Are you going to have videos too?

OT
@`pr0digy
`pr0digy wrote:
BTW, your pro-war sig sucks.

Do you know what my second language is? Arabic.
Do you know where most of my family is? Iraq.
Do you know what city they live in? Bagdad.
I've never been so greatfull to live in a country where people liberate other people from a tyrant that allows 4 hours of elecrtricity a day. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you have something more to say, send me a PM.

Taric25
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
revolutionZERO
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote

this new pad sounds sweet. post a link to your website soon?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
eddi.
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperjer wrote:

i dont get it. how would it work better on a computer?

anyone else think that this is a little kid trying to be funny?
Blue Beefman
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are theses pads soft pads? or hard pads? metal?
Tsukasa
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E13.gif I am very skeptical about this.. heh a pad that never wears out? Hmm..that's all I can say.. heh.. coughBScough E13.gif If I can see proof then I'll change my opinion but till then..
ddrleet
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

i bet they dont light up
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Chuck4
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the pad can do all the things he said it can do, I don't think lights are an issue.
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this kid's pad is gonna be completely worthless. I'm basing this on several things...like...

-He is completely unprofessional (grammar, spelling) in his posts and this makes him sound like he's 10 years old.
-He hasn't said whether it is a soft, plastic, or metal pad.
-$60 for something with all the features he's talking about (like optical) sounds pretty ridiculous.
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell another Beat-Gear. Hopefully he doesn't live in South America like that guy.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
onetwolittleb
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZotTower wrote:
I think this kid's pad is gonna be completely worthless. I'm basing this on several things...like...

-He is completely unprofessional (grammar, spelling) in his posts and this makes him sound like he's 10 years old.
-He hasn't said whether it is a soft, plastic, or metal pad.
-$60 for something with all the features he's talking about (like optical) sounds pretty ridiculous.

- I have horrible spelling and grammer and I'm 28 with a Masters in EE, so I don't really think that's an indication of age or competency.
- He hasn't said that it's one of those three because it isn't, if he's doing what I think he's doing. If he's doing what I Think he's doing, then it will work.
- $60 might be about right. I'm worried about the robustness of the mountings, ease of set up, etc. I would actually have to play with the idea I think he has to figure out if $60 is a reasonable number, but it could well be. I don't want to play with his idea, because it's his idea and if he can make something of it, I think that would be great.
Irob
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good argument, plus, its a prototype, so he can still change it between soft/metal/plastic.
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to know what he's building this out of. Just a 2'x4' piece of acrylic to cut arrow panels out of for a home bulit pad is gonna cost $20. I find it highly unlikely that he can add in all the electronics for an optic sensor pad, sell it for $60, and still make money.

Then again, if it's all true, it'd be a pretty neat pad. I have a design for a pad that can be taken apart and made into a much smaller single piece for transportation, but it wouldn't be able to be a lighted pad I don't think... maybe if I get tricky with it.

------------------------------------------
My pad design: http://www.wubros.com/ddrpad/
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
DJPhunk_infinity
Basic Member
Basic Member

38. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: optics Reply with quote

optics - as in light

picture a thrown image on your floor of a DDR pad that wasn't really there....

picture stepping in those areas projected onto your carpet or floor

picture arrows moving in sync to your foot that just broke the laser projection

no moving parts other than the focus lens that projects the image (if that's the design) otherwise, it's just floor area and your foot breaks the line of the laser and triggers the switch which = a button press.

A good idea if that's his idea. If not, then someone make one and pay me a buck for the idea tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
riptide
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether that is what hyperjer is planning since he's been extremely vague(which in my opinion is suspicious in itself). If it is, I'm not so sure I like that idea... Although it sounds nice on the surface, it would be hard to determine whether or not you are standing in the right area. On the arcade pads, you can feel where you are because the arrow panels aren't quite level with the rest of the pad. If you were just dancing on a flat floor, you might drift a bit and you'd never know until you start missing steps. Also, what happens when you get a wild dancer or newbie and they slip and fall onto/kick your optic sensors?

To do it right, you'd have to build a pad... preferably like the arcade pad where the arrows are at a different level than the solid panels so that you can feel whether you're standing centered on an arrow or not. Then you'd have to find a way to add the optic sensors to the edges of the pad in a way that they wouldn't be damaged if kicked or stomped or anything. By the time you do all that, it'll probably be just as expensive as any other commercial pad.

------------------------------------------
My pad design: http://www.wubros.com/ddrpad/
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: