Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The How-To-Run-Imports Thread - Read the 1st post! (7.10.05)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 90, 91, 92  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

20. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? After calculating labor/parts costs and shipping costs, Freedom Lives came out cheaper.

Oh well, too late to worry anyway.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckostyle wrote:
Im sending my PS2 to Freedom Lives to install a Magic 3.1 I ordered from PSX-Tech. Anyone have any info on them, in terms of how well they do their work?

I asked cmcm if he'd mod my PS2, but I still havent gotten a response from him.

*shrugs* all i know is that psx-tech did a really good job w/ mine (well, i was having problems, as some of you probably remember, but that had nothing to to w/ the soldering job)...and shipping was $15 each way for me too.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got in my magic case (flip-top case PS2 mod)! This is the one you order from www.firefly-hk.com 's website for $45 including S&H and the Swap Magic disks. While I do now have the thing fully up and running, installation did give me a few unpleasent surprises.

First off, there are parts of this case that do not 'fit' properly. When transplanting the swinging windows for the Memory card slots, the little 'clip' that holds the windows in place does not fit properly into the case. I had to get a screw driver and chisel off a few little nibs that were sticking up; the nibs were meant for the thing to snap into place and fit perfectly, except that they're not properly placed inside the replacement case. After chiseling out a few things the clip fit in okay, although the memory card windows are kind of tilted. They open and close fine, though, and that's all they really need to do. happy.gif

Another thing: Some of the screws on the bottom of the PS2 really take some work to get them in properly. If all the screws are not seated properly, then you WILL hear friction in the disk tray when you try running your PS2. And friction is very very bad. happy.gif But once you have all the screws tightened properly, it works fine. Although there is a screw on the front right (when the PS2 is faced front-side towards you) that just wouldn't work... the screw fit into the slot okay, but the little tube it fits in on the new case was too wide; there was nothing for the screw to 'bite' into and tighten. However, the other seven went in okay and this thing's running good. happy.gif

I think this is the case with all flip-top cases, but this one just 'feels' kind of cheap. There's not a whole lot there that locks the flip top in place when it's closed; I'd feel a little better if there was more than if the thing just loosely snapped into place. But so long as the PS2 is set on a stable surface, it shouldn't matter.

As for how it'll boot stuff, I've gotten legit imports of Kengo (CD-ROM based) and Gran Turismo 3 (DVD-based) to boot without a hitch. I don't have any PS2 'backup' games to try, but everything I've read suggests those will work. I haven't tried PS1 backups/imports either, but I've heard that nobody can get those to work. I've got a modded PS1 so the lack of import/backup PS1 booting doesn't really effect me right now.

So! Installation was a little annoying, but the Magic Case flip-top mod works great so far. And for $45, it's pretty cost effective too. It took mine a solid two weeks to ship over from Hong Kong, which I guess isn't bad considering how far away Hong Kong is from Georgia USA. happy.gif Yay!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Slayer544
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered 3rd mix from www.toysnjoys.com, hopefully it's better than www.buyrite.net. I heard the the song Bumble Bee by Bambee is only availabe for basic step only. Is this true? cuz I have a nice freestyle I do in the arcades and I wanted to practice at home.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
GFBeach
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, to my knowledge in 3rd mix Bumblebee is only available on basic steps. It's semi-hidden in the Training Mode, and instead of calling the steps 'basic' they call them 'trial'.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Slayer544
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! devil.gif devil.gif frust.gif frust.gif I don't know why but I just love that song. I guess im gonna have to buy 4th mix. laugh.gif
ddr goof
Basic Member
Basic Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hey fellow ddr fans..i also do modchip installs! i am located in NYC. Install + Chip of Magic 3.1 is $100shipped. Take a look at one of my mod jobs: http://www.asgccards.com/v1magic31.jpg I also sell used pre-modified ps2's with magic 3.1 for $230dlvd. my work comes with a 90 day warranty based on chip install and NOT THE CONDITION OF YOUR PS2 LAZER! All used units have new lazers already installed so no problem should be encountered there. hope to hear from any of you who are interested. thanks!

PS
i'm able to import DDR MAX2 JP if anyone would also like some copies...
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddr goof wrote:
hey hey fellow ddr fans..i also do modchip installs! i am located in NYC. Install + Chip of Magic 3.1 is $100shipped. Take a look at one of my mod jobs: http://www.asgccards.com/v1magic31.jpg I also sell used pre-modified ps2's with magic 3.1 for $230dlvd. my work comes with a 90 day warranty based on chip install and NOT THE CONDITION OF YOUR PS2 LAZER! All used units have new lazers already installed so no problem should be encountered there. hope to hear from any of you who are interested. thanks!

PS
i'm able to import DDR MAX2 JP if anyone would also like some copies...

Well it does look like you do good work. But are you sure it's safe using a glue gun (if that is glue from a glue gun i see) right on all the sensitive chips and stuff? I've had lots of experience soldering wires to a ps controller to make a home made metal DDR pad (see the thread)...but before I could solder good I used to use a glue gun sort of like that and I had problems with the circuit board on the ps1 controller shorting out. It might not have had anything to do with the glue though...I'm not sure.

A few more questions for you...

How much do you charge for the japanese DDRMAX2 games?
Do you have DDRMAX japanese too?
How much is shipping for these....say to Massachusetts?
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a moded Ps1 and the 5th mix for only 30 bucks I was A good deal

I have the poopy pads that cost me $10
but know I am waiting for good thick pads that light up ,1 more week blink.gif

Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Usb Reply with quote

what's up all...

just a quick inquiry w/ the release of the Japanese Max 2 today.

I have the junky Neokey mod chip on my PS2, and a GameShark2. This combo allows me to play my patched backup of my DDRMAX Japanese version fine.

now - is there any way that I can play Max 2 with this same combination? I'm guessing Max 2 is a DVD Rom, where as Max was just a CD Rom.

If there is, I'll buy the game. if not, I'm not doing more modifications.

any help would be excellent.
View users profile Send private message Send email
ddr goof
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, the glue gun is simply used to make the install look neater and make the wires stay steady. the glue is not on any of the points, sauder is on the points, all connections are strong and are tugged to make sure. glue is non-conductive and will do no harm to any of the components. only way i see glue wasn't good for a home metal pad was that you probably used the glue instead of sauder. sauder is the key to conductivity here, since no conductivity is present with the glue, it won't harm the system. my prices already include shipping. email me or aim me and we can further discuss. thanks!
sschucky
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a question about the slide card think dont pulling the tray of the ps2 wont i brack like that? i want to get it but if it is going to brack the ps2 i dont want it.
yuckmud
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I wanted to know too, I saw that Card mod.

I can see that breaking the door on the PS2 so it won't open or close.

I wanted to know about the Swap Magic CDs.

If anybody out there with a Flip top or uses the card mod, please let me know if NEWER games will work using the Swap Magic CDs.

I heard that the new games know how to get around Swap Magic. And that will suck to have to buy the "newer" verson of it to get it to work.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
BTTB
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I buy a fli top or just get a JPs2? i have about 200 and i am saving up. E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif
Contributor
Contributor

34. PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends.

If you want to get a system no risks, get a JPS2

But if you want to play copied games, go for a Flip Top. I found it a bit risky, but its cheap, and does its job.
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How well does it work???
Contributor
Contributor

36. PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you put it on, you turn the PS2 on, put in one of the bootdiscs(there are 2, one for CD games one for DVD games), and once it asks you to insert a game, open up the fliptop, put your import or backup in, and press X. The border should turn blue for imports and good backups, and red for bad ones.

Last edited by Eckostyle on Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
BTTB
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How WELL does it work
Mook
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, settle down. You arn't entitled to any information, especially like that.

It works fine with DDRMAX, any try it with MAX2 yet?
Blue Beefman
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I want to play DDR Imports what should I buy? I was thinking Maguc 3.6 or 3.1 I read that they were the same though...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 2 of 92

Jump to: