Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

where to find mp3s
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orion Star
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think bands are too paranoid cause people make their own cds with mp3s no harm in that thought i mean sometimes people listen to mp3's to verify if the music is good or not before they buy the cd's but if it sucks why waste money.

End Mankind now before they get out of hand.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doctor Crayfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World wrote:
I think bands are too paranoid cause people make their own cds with mp3s no harm in that thought i mean sometimes people listen to mp3's to verify if the music is good or not before they buy the cd's but if it sucks why waste money.

Actually from what I've read, record sales have actually increased after the explosion of Mp3's. I'm guessing that this is probably because Mp3's have helped many not so well known bands to be heard, increasing the sales of those records, while big huge stars like Britney Spears and friends may have stayed about the same or dropped in sales.
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sales have(okay, as of 2000, when I still read the sales sheets, hehe) been going up, something like 10% a year.
Proponents of the RIAA say that, despite the fact that they are making more revenue, that the revenue increase was affected by the illegal mp3 trade, and that they are losing money by not making as much as they would if MP3s didnt exist.
Only in America, I tell ya.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Kage
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: mp3s Reply with quote

Know wat, I think sales of CD's would actually INCREASE IF THE SLASHED THE PRICE BY HALF!!

$6 would be just fine with me...and dont even get me started on videogames...$50 for one stupid (ok, so they are really good) disc...
View users profile Send private message
shadow_beat
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one have loads of mp3's.. but you'll also notice I have the original CD's as well.. The primary reason I even have mp3's is as a compressed backup.. I have on few occasions burned from mp3's to replace highly damaged CD that I have.. But rarely have I downloaded mp3's... the only reason I ripped my CD's is so I'm not eating 30 gigs of hard drive and I don't burn 50 or so discs of direct copy CD's... I simply do not want to have to rehunt and pay for again what I have paid in full (And sometimes more... damn S&H oh well) for... the only times I ever downloaded anything was to listen to new things.. if I like the song.. I delete it and buy the CD.. if not I send that crap of an mp3 to file heaven... I see mp3's used for 3 reasons,

1. To sample a given CD (2 or 3 songs, not an entire CD)
2. TO make a compressed back up of your legally owned and payed for CD's
3. TO compress a CD collection to listen to on an Mp3 cd player or mp3 player.

And as far as roms go.. well I have my own personal opinion on that.. I feel games that have fallen out of the retail market and no longer make money for the said company (I highly doubt Atari is still making money off of Dig DUg...) are somewhat ok to emulate (Unless you can find the actual version of course) but games still in the retail market (Wholesale and Retail sale, used games bought from a small store hardly profit the game companies) should NOT be emulated in any way... I find it crap that some people won't buy dreamcast games.. even now when they cost 5-10 to get, people still get burnt copies... damn a-holes... Games cost as much as they do and all these disc protection systems are caused by people hacking and burning games... I'm pretty sure if people who spend their time figuring out how to play copied games spent their time instead trying to develop programs or product to play legitament imports, then maybe games and systems would not cost as much..
Whats even worse is people who use this excuse for pirating..
"Well, it's competition, they have to compete with the really low price of burning so they should be lowering their price to compete!"
Oh dear god did I wanna reach through the modem and beat him..
Bottom Line is this.. NOTHING that is produces or developed is free.. even if you download a "free" mp3 or rom.. somebody else, namely the developer has to pay for it.. Just buy the damn CD and get it over with... you spend 100 dollars on shoes for cripes sakes.. just spend 12-20 for a CD... and remeber, places do offer trade in for those who are broke... you havent listened to that spice girl CD that you deny to have for over 2 years now.. let it go.. it can get you 1/5 - 1/2 of what you need for a new CD..
"When it comes to any group of stereotypical people the answer is always violence. Start swinging and singing children's bible songs and don't stop until everyone is in a coma. The river is deep and the river is wide, hallelujah! *POW* Milk and honey on the other side, hallelujah! *SMACK* Michael row the boat ashore, hallelujah! *CRUNCH GURGLE PLEASE STOP SPUTTER WHEEZE RATTLE* Michael row the boat ashore, hallelujah! " --- Batjew (Penny Arcade)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
B*Real
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:

And certain websites have been shut down, but not all. www.mp3.com has not been shut down because the artists give permission, and they also sell CD's that will send money to the artist. You can download music from www.cdnow.com but you have to pay for it. However, they're trying to shut down websites that give out copyrighted material without giving any money to the artist.

About time you told the webpage where you can find MP3's that's all I wanted you to do. Thank you so much, now no newbies won't make anymore MP3 threads.
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

46. PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly doubt that will happen biggrin.gif As far as I know, DDR mp3's aren't on either site. They may be on www.cdnow.com, but you'd still have to pay.
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still didn't matter, as long as you give a webpage that may have DDR MP3's.
temporaryspastic
Staff Member
Staff Member

48. PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again, cdnow.com wont have ddr mp3s....
it sells some dancemania CDs though..he hee...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
BPN Dance Master
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of talk around about mp3's and what is legal and not. It is very confusing and doesn;t go anywhere to waht I believe. Nowadays there are millions of places you can find mp3's. You can find them almost everywhere.
MackDaddy
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pansyman wrote:
Ok, this is just like the whole Napster thing, remember what they said?

The song is there, but it had to come from somewhere, someone had to buy it first, and they make CD Burners, share your files with friends, not sell, but give. As long as you are not making money off of it, it's not illegal. Think of the internet as a big group where everyone is your friend, willing to help you out and get you the music you need because they have the original and are willing to share it with you. It's not like there has to be one original per person getting it for free. If a CD came out and one person in the whole world bought it and made it free to download on a server, everyone has access to it and soon would spread, someone still paid money for it, and "shared" it with the world. Whether it's one copy or a million copies, it's still sharing, and legal... Well last time I checked it was...

well this is how i see it......why pay for it when you can get it for free.....only god knows when the last time i bought a cd and when ever i did it sucked i only liked like 3 songs...thats why i bought my burner see..im poor as it is already i dont need to waste my money on a cd with 16 tracks when i only like 3 when i can get them for free someone had to buy it in the first place.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody says that there is a way "I see it" which somehow protects them from the fact that it is against the law...until the police come a knocking.

Note, I don't say "wrong", only "against the law" as these debates tend to always always degrade into "well, I think it should be okay because blahblah" not the point. The goal is to understand the law, combat it if you must, break it if you like, but always understand precisely what you are getting into.
Ignorance of the law does not excuse someone from repercussions when they break it, so don't bother rationalizing or justifying. We do it because we can get something for nothing, and we love that concept.
shadow_beat
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MackDaddy wrote:

well this is how i see it......why pay for it when you can get it for free.....only god knows when the last time i bought a cd and when ever i did it sucked i only liked like 3 songs...thats why i bought my burner see..im poor as it is already i dont need to waste my money on a cd with 16 tracks when i only like 3 when i can get them for free someone had to buy it in the first place.

Yeah.. ok.. so let's say your way is the common excuse.. well why pay for food when I can get it for free.. I'm poor.. so I'll walk into a store and eat 3 slices of a loaf of bread, because the rest sucks.. and then I'll walk out like it's perfectly ok.. wtf... how can people justify "stealing"..

Sharing my a$$.. lets just make beleive ok..

Band, Producer, and Publisher spend 1 million (1,000,000) to produce a cd. and they make oh.. 1 million CDs.. they spend an additional 1.5 million on CD's, Cases, Printing, Shipping, and advertising... so right now they are 2,500,000 in the hole on this cd at the start..

Said CD will sell for an average of 15 dollars a pop.. so if they sell ALL the CD's they have an average net profit of 12.5 million on CD sales

Now lets asume 1 million people like the music and 75% of them have access to Mp3 technolgy.. so 250,000 peeps buy the CD.. 3,750,000 made from normal CD sales so far

Now 750,000 people have the mp3s.. now lets stretch and say 1 of every five people will actually go and buy the CD.. 1/5 X 750,000 = 150,000 people buy it... so there is 2,250,000 made from sales involing mp3's..

the total made from all sales is 6 million.. now minus the cost of producing and manufacturing etc... 3.5 million is left.. that is their profits from said CD.. they could have made 12.5 mil.. meaning they lost 9 million, almost 3/4's of what they could have made...

Now to be realistic.. lets assume there were no mp3's.. and lets say instead 750,000 peeps buy the cd, the other 250,000 tape it or dub from a freind... that would be 11.25 million in sales.. minus costs.. 8.75 million in profits.. meaning that they lost over 5 million in sales due to mp3's.. thats over one half..

(That was a bit of a stretch on facts (Numbers anyways) I just wanted to pop a an example of sorts...)
so you say that someone payed for so you can download.. your right.. it came out of the Developers, Musicians, Publishers, Producers, Retailers, and Wholesalers a$$... and regardless of what is said.. it is againts the law.. you are copying COPYRIGHTED materials, it even says that the duplication and distribution of copyrighted materials WITHOUT the written or public verbal consent (Otherwise LEGAL conset) is PROHIBITED... Sites like Mp3.com gain permission from their artists before posting files.. and cdnow pays for the distribution of their files, which in turn they make their customers, the downloadee, pay for.. granted not as much can be made for this...
The fact is this.. copying, burning or giving mp3's to people who do NOT have the original is wrong.. There is no I'm to poor in this.. if a bum walked in your house and grabbed your TV you'd say he was stealing.. The only reason why people DL mp3's (Without ever buying the CD or otherwise paying for it..)because they are cheap and refuse to pay for what they are given... If your so damn poor, get a job, mow some lawns.. contribute a little.. lazy ba$tards...
"When it comes to any group of stereotypical people the answer is always violence. Start swinging and singing children's bible songs and don't stop until everyone is in a coma. The river is deep and the river is wide, hallelujah! *POW* Milk and honey on the other side, hallelujah! *SMACK* Michael row the boat ashore, hallelujah! *CRUNCH GURGLE PLEASE STOP SPUTTER WHEEZE RATTLE* Michael row the boat ashore, hallelujah! " --- Batjew (Penny Arcade)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you said was correct, except I would just like to point out that most recording artists(the actualy people who sing and play the instruments, not the manager/producer whatever) makes between 15 and 17 cents per unit sold.
And the vast majority of all money in the music industry is made on tour. CD sales are almost nothing.
iidx-Nick
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo...*whistles innocently* would I get burned if I posted a site that had all DDR/Bemani Mp3's? BUT...this is the catch people...IT IS NOT ILLEGAL WITH BEMANI.

I was talking to someone...I forgot but he said he e-mailed Konami asking if he could post up some Bemani Mp3's for friends and such. Well they said 'no prob' so I'm guessing it's not illegal.

If Konami says cool, then if you don't already have this link (Most EVERYONE has been there) then I'll post it up.

ZING!

Fit two and two together. E7.gif

MOD: Spelling errors.

Edit (Cutriss): Zing yourself.

Last edited by iidx-Nick on Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total
Captin Jack
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, where were the mp3's again? riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captin Jack wrote:
so, where were the mp3's again? riiight.gif

Did you not see the UNDERLINED words?
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you asked Konami and they said it was okay, huh?
How about Carl Douglas, Chumbawamba, Roxette, and all the other artists who specifically licensed their music to Konami for exclusive use in the Bemani games? Did you contact them and ask them if you could post their tunes? After all, it was in a Bemani game, so therefore it is somehow Konami's music, right?
Sorry, until you have a copy of an email straight from Konami's legal department, I wouldn't think too well of the friend of a friend's 'official word'.
iidx-Nick
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krikkit wrote:
So you asked Konami and they said it was okay, huh?
How about Carl Douglas, Chumbawamba, Roxette, and all the other artists who specifically licensed their music to Konami for exclusive use in the Bemani games? Did you contact them and ask them if you could post their tunes? After all, it was in a Bemani game, so therefore it is somehow Konami's music, right?
Sorry, until you have a copy of an email straight from Konami's legal department, I wouldn't think too well of the friend of a friend's 'official word'.

Yeah, lets just blow off what COREY said. I would say HE is a pretty reliable source, don't you think so? blink.gif (Ya know, Max300 man?)
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he's a great and trustworthy soul, but it doesn't get official license. Or maybe it does, I don't know. Maybe he's got official permission from all those artists tucked away in his inbox.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: